sold

Sweet ride. I realize not everyone buying a bike will fall in love with it. It is just a bit worrying when seeing one sold after purchase with such low miles on it….only because it makes me think back to various shortcomings the bike has (some might say). Good luck on your next ride whatever that might be :)

Easy to fall in love on the showroom floor. I've been riding over 50 years, over 50 bikes, I just haven't connected with this one.
Other bikes in the stable see most of my ride time. 2003 Valkyrie, 2008 Goldwing, 2014 CB1100, 2013 KLR650.
same thing i ended up with the r 18 B

Good luck with sale, she’s set up nicely and that is a lot of motorcycle for the $$.

I’m always looking for my next favorite motorcycle too and sometimes that happens after only a couple of oil changes on the current one or after 2-3 years with 60-70Ks on it. Life is too short and there are so many great bikes out there to waste time on a bad fit.

Easy to fall in love on the showroom floor. I've been riding over 50 years, over 50 bikes, I just haven't connected with this one.
Other bikes in the stable see most of my ride time. 2003 Valkyrie, 2008 Goldwing, 2014 CB1100, 2013 KLR650.
It happens. 🤷‍♂️ Same number of years, about half that many bikes. Earlier this year, bought a new R1250GS. Not my first ADV or BMW by a long shot. Me and that girl did not hit it off.

Well after 6 months I've decided this bike just doesn't work for me. This one is loaded, First Edition package, Premium package, Select package. All the goodies, cruise,
heated grips, reverse, floor boards and Bagger pegs, 3 windshields, Memphis Shades lowers, engine guards, etc. Had the first service done at the dealer.
Perfect condition. Asking $13,500
Where are you located? Sorry to hear about the bike!

It's funny, everything you've added to this bike, I've just done myself. New windshield, Memphis lowers, reverse lever, Bagger pegs, engine guards. Even had first service at dealer last week. It definitely was a great buy with all those options you already installed. Unfortunately we don't always know what we want until after we get it. Half the fun is riding our bikes, the other half is fixing them up. Great to hear you got more than asking for it.

I have advertised trying to sell my FE Classic for a couple of months with very little interest.
Well, finally took my bike on consignment to a local dealer that sells only used bikes, not a brand franchise. I don't know what they sold it for but after less than a week they sold the bike and I got 16K.
I still have the FE gift "swag" box and a couple of other things I will be selling in the next couple of days.
Thanks to everyone for all of the information and help. I'll still be checking in and lurking, offer any help or advise I can.
That is fantastic news that you both sold the bike AND that you got some good money out of it. Hope you find a bike that you’ll fall in love with. Take care.

It's funny, everything you've added to this bike, I've just done myself. New windshield, Memphis lowers, reverse lever, Bagger pegs, engine guards. Even had first service at dealer last week. It definitely was a great buy with all those options you already installed. Unfortunately we don't always know what we want until after we get it. Half the fun is riding our bikes, the other half is fixing them up. Great to hear you got more than asking for it.
Hi there, I'm thinking of buying an R18 which I found at a good price from a dealer. Only thing is that it hasn't got the reverse option. Did you install it afterwards? It's the only thing that's making me thinking about buying it and wasn't sure if it could be retrofitted.

Hi there, I'm thinking of buying an R18 which I found at a good price from a dealer. Only thing is that it hasn't got the reverse option. Did you install it afterwards? It's the only thing that's making me thinking about buying it and wasn't sure if it could be retrofitted.
The reverse comes factory, I don't think it can be added.

Back