Any luck with After Market Floorboards?

Hey Everyone,

I was thinking about replacing the pegs on my Classic with something like these:

I know about the Wunderlich being direct replacements, and do like how they look but that price tag is a bit steep. Would love to find something like them though.

I also know about the sets from alibaba, but those are a little big for my liking.

Has anyone had any luck with any other ones that would directly replace the pegs?

I used those Ciro Black Rail Floorboards on my former 2018 GoldWing. They have 3 position forward adjustment which was useful.

Those things look great but the downside is right now it looks like it only works with models that floorboards from the factory. That a pretty bug bummer but hopefully we can get more info these will also work with non floor board models.

Also regarding the price it looks like they’ll be about $405 USD if directly converted.

Just saw this post on fb. Now if someone would translate the price into US Dollars please and thank you

This caught my eye on a R18 fb forum page. The bike is a bagger and I guess comes with short floor board pegs and the guy wanted the longer ones. The guy said one could turn (aka cut) the plastic spindle down by six mill (that thing that looks like a spring to the left of the floorboard mounting screw area and it will fit without having to replace other metal bracket parts bmw says are needed.

Don't know if this only applies to a bagger model or not or if it would also apply to the base R18 bike?
If anyone tries to do this on a base R18 and it works please let us all know.
Thank you

1663429450139.png

Last edited:
This caught my eye on a R18 fb forum page. The bike is a bagger and I guess comes with short floor board pegs and the guy wanted the longer ones. The guy said one could turn the plastic spindle down by six mill (that thing that looks like a spring to the left of the floorboard mounting screw area and it will fit without having to replace other parts bmw says are needed.

Don't know if this only applies to a bagger model and not the base R18.
View attachment 7020
I saw this, believe he was under the impression the mounts needed changing also but they don’t, that’s only on the base/ classic that have pegs from factory. The spring needs changing probably due to the increased heft of the bigger boards and the pin which I’m guessing is what he reduced. But they’re pretty inexpensive.

The footboards have different shift levers to allow your feet more room on the board and a different rear brake pedal. Obviously works for him which is fine, but the heel/ toe shift is great and I wouldn’t want to do it all with the toe shifter with the full size boards. He mentioned he had to move the shifter up and I think I would have trouble as my boots are quite chunky.

Bummer for us R18 base peg owners then lol. No worries, lived with Pegs for over 200k on a bmw so certain I can continue to live that way on the R18. Thanks for that info Alex-B
Worth the upgrade IMHO. The B I test rode had those standard mini boards and I really didn’t like the shifting coming from my R18 with the boards. I had the dealer I bought my B from change them out although they tried cheaping out and didn’t order the correct toe shift lever so it’s gone back to be sorted along with some other bits.

I did see on eBay in the US a dealer was selling the RSD board set for $700 which is nearly half price and comes with the boards, brake lever and both shift levers so would just leave the sidestand and mounts for someone doing a full swap if they still have a set.

BMW...bring more money, bring more wine...bring more woman. I got to find a less expensive hobby in my next life.
I remember the shock I felt when I got my first R1200C in 2008 and saw prices on the BMW parts fiche. Wanted to laugh but the money was flowing out of my pocket.

Yes the money, can make more, but time in the saddle is all worth it to me. I cut some costs by doing all my own maintenance. Im better at it anyways, have had some negligent technicians work on my bikes in the past. My life depends upon solid maintenance. I do it, I know it's right. Like In the 82nd, ABN Division parachute packers jump with their own packs, makes you want to excel!!

Yes the money, can make more, but time in the saddle is all worth it to me. I cut some costs by doing all my own maintenance. Im better at it anyways, have had some negligent technicians work on my bikes in the past. My life depends upon solid maintenance. I do it, I know it's right. Like In the 82nd, ABN Division parachute packers jump with their own packs, makes you want to excel!!
I have heard horror stories of service techs leaving bolts loose, under filling oil etc. I agree with you....when I do it I know it is right. (I'm eagerly waiting for a video on the valve adjust. The Russian video just didn't cut it with me)

I got the full size floor boards, (part# 18880000-02), from Wunderlich and they were beautiful. Real quality, BUT. I asked when ordering if they would fit my R18 FE, (K34), and the guy said yes. No kickstand replacement necessary. This was MISINFORMATION! There was no way to fit them to replace pegs. They will replace BMW floorboards if your bike has them already. They will not mount to peg hardware. No way, no how. Their "Lowered Pegs", (part #18800000-02), will fit, but, they are small. All Wunderlich needs to do is use the mount on the Lowered Pegs and make a full foot board and they would have an easy useful marketable product. Wunderlich has the ability to "quick correct" and market a product for what may be the biggest potential R18 niche of all, given how expensive and complicated it is to find a BMW OEM solution. The "complete floorboard kit through BMW is part #77258386743, (#77258386742 is essentially the same parts group, go figure). Both of these BMW parts groups were $1299 up until about a month ago. Now I am seeing them listed ON BMW dealer's sites for $699. Kudos to BMW for seeing their prior pricing insanity. Then, if you have a K34 you almost certainly need to replace the kickstand, (another $200-$300!) Yes, I've been on the hunt for a solution for awhile.

I got the full size floor boards, (part# 18880000-02), from Wunderlich and they were beautiful. Real quality, BUT. I asked when ordering if they would fit my R18 FE, (K34), and the guy said yes. No kickstand replacement necessary. This was MISINFORMATION! There was no way to fit them to replace pegs. They will replace BMW floorboards if your bike has them already. They will not mount to peg hardware. No way, no how. Their "Lowered Pegs", (part #18800000-02), will fit, but, they are small. All Wunderlich needs to do is use the mount on the Lowered Pegs and make a full foot board and they would have an easy useful marketable product. Wunderlich has the ability to "quick correct" and market a product for what may be the biggest potential R18 niche of all, given how expensive and complicated it is to find a BMW OEM solution. The "complete floorboard kit through BMW is part #77258386743, (#77258386742 is essentially the same parts group, go figure). Both of these BMW parts groups were $1299 up until about a month ago. Now I am seeing them listed ON BMW dealer's sites for $699. Kudos to BMW for seeing their prior pricing insanity. Then, if you have a K34 you almost certainly need to replace the kickstand, (another $200-$300!) Yes, I've been on the hunt for a solution for awhile.
The last two part no’s listed are the RSD boards one in machined finish/ one in two tone black finish, not the OEM boards.

Back