Anyone tried a Harbor Freight Bike Dolly for R 18 B?

LCRC18B

Anyone tried a Harbor Freight Bike Dolly for the R 18 B? The reviews I've seen having it fitting a Road King just barely. I think the R 18 B is a few inches longer (wheelbase). Anyone know if it will work? Seems like a decent buy for the $ if it works. I could just spin it around in my garage or push it into the corner to save space.

Cheers!

I’d go for the Condor dolly myself. I have their wheel chock and that is solidly engineered. My Harbor Freight stuff…. isn’t.
The Condor looks real nice.The HF is a little flimsy.

Anyone tried a Harbor Freight Bike Dolly for the R 18 B? The reviews I've seen having it fitting a Road King just barely. I think the R 18 B is a few inches longer (wheelbase). Anyone know if it will work? Seems like a decent buy for the $ if it works. I could just spin it around in my garage or push it into the corner to save space.

Cheers!
I have Black Widow Aluminum Dolly I bought for my F6B.
My opinion--these dollies are more of a pain in the rear than anything else.
Still very tough to move your bike around. Mine is standing up in the corner of the garage never to be used again.

I have Black Widow Aluminum Dolly I bought for my F6B.
My opinion--these dollies are more of a pain in the rear than anything else.
Still very tough to move your bike around. Mine is standing up in the corner of the garage never to be used again.

I was just thinking about that today; that it might be more hassle than it's actually worth.

I’d go for the Condor dolly myself. I have their wheel chock and that is solidly engineered. My Harbor Freight stuff…. isn’t.
That looks like a solid product. My primary goal was to be able to drive it onto the dolly and spin it around to make it easy to leave next time. I'm starting to think that the tried and true three-point turn might be the best option. I was looking at lifts that have wheels on them for the same purpose, but sometimes it's better to stick to the KISS principle.

Thank you; I'll check out amazon some more. From what I've seen, many of those seem like they are pretty tight with a Road King, and I think we have a little more length with the R 18 B, no?
Yeah.
The Condor seems like the one to get.
I deleted my amazon post as the units there seem to be lite weight

That looks like a solid product. My primary goal was to be able to drive it onto the dolly and spin it around to make it easy to leave next time. I'm starting to think that the tried and true three-point turn might be the best option. I was looking at lifts that have wheels on them for the same purpose, but sometimes it's better to stick to the KISS principle.
Looks like the Condor dolly is sturdy but do you still have to back your bike off of it? That defeats the purpose of drive-on drive-off.

Looks like the Condor dolly is sturdy but do you still have to back your bike off of it? That defeats the purpose of drive-on drive-off.
Yes you do, it has a wheel chock to hold the front wheel keeping the bike straight up, which saves some space if you need to store it out of the way.A5C8635D-AC95-4083-A89A-487DEFF2060E.jpeg

Good thing we have a reverse gear.Maybe you could back the bike on to the Condor:)

It depends on the use case for the dolly.

If you want something that takes the least floor space (since bike is vertical rather than side stand) and want to be able to move it easily to a corner for longer term storage, the Condor is great.

If you want essentially a lazy Susan roundtable to flip the bike to face the other way, it isn't intended for that, but the other dollies aren't really either. You would still need enough room side to side for the entire length of the bike to rotate it and you'd want to tie it down to ensure it is stable while you move it. If you have that much room, I'm not sure it'd be all that hard to back out manually. Plus the time spent getting it secured on the dolly, rotate it and then removing the straps to ride it off would certainly be longer than the time to just back it out. My R18 Classic FE has the reverse gear, so it's a simple process to back the bike out of the garage. I use the Condor wheel chock to park the bike in a vertical position, so I can easily move any of my bikes out past the R18 to ride. OTOH, you could just back the bike into the garage too, leaving it in a position to ride directly out.

Last edited:
Back