R 18 TC Lower Leg Wind Protection

New TC winglets, auxiliary lights and leading directionals that I ordered, arrived as a partial delivery; I'm still waiting on the mounting bracket and the needed wiring harnesses in order to add the TC lights to my R 18 B model.

I see some folks are stripping down some of their Transcontinental parts to take on the Bagger look; I'm interested in buying the lower leg wind protection that mounts on the engine guard if interested in selling?

Reactions: Vyk
Hello Scott,
I sold the top box and frame leaving my TC looking like a Bagger but I’ve found the 1) winglets, 2) engine protection bars, and 3) lower leg wind fairings to be invaluable.
These 3 items would be a great addition to any Bagger. I’ll even add that the running lights really do light up the road at night.
So while I do prefer the Bagger, the TC has many more useful farkles.

NEED TC Owner(s) HELP: I'm looking to add the TC Lower Leg Wind Protection to my Model-B; I'm assuming that parts 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all painted; however, are parts 5 & 6 in the lower diagram painted?

1664529179786.png

Attachments

• 1664528893847.png
    1664528893847.png
    708.8 KB · Views: 2
On my TC (minus the top box) the lower leg wind protectors are gloss black everywhere. They are quite effective but narrow enough that you can rotate your knees outward a couple inches and catch all the wind you want.
I have the TC windscreen (obviously) and even though I look through it, the TC offers the best wind protection of any touring bike I've owned. This includes Honda GoldWing, Kawasaki Voyager, Harley RoadGlide.

On my TC (minus the top box) the lower leg wind protectors are gloss black everywhere. They are quite effective but narrow enough that you can rotate your knees outward a couple inches and catch all the wind you want.
I have the TC windscreen (obviously) and even though I look through it, the TC offers the best wind protection of any touring bike I've owned. This includes Honda GoldWing, Kawasaki Voyager, Harley RoadGlide.
Agreed. I look over the TC windscreen, but it places the wind at my forehead level. Just high enough to cool me off a little, while also keeping the wind out of my eyes.

Agreed. I look over the TC windscreen, but it places the wind at my forehead level. Just high enough to cool me off a little, while also keeping the wind out of my eyes.
If you are still considering removing the Lower Leg Wind protection on your TC; I took a closer look at the parts I recently received.

To start the removal, you'll need to separate the front leading piece (Parts 3 & 4), if looking at the images posted within this thread. They are attached with snap friction clips, you will want to start at the top and work your efforts down towards the bottom of the assembly; the very bottom where the piece is the thinnest, there's a Tab or Key like fitment which holds the bottom together in a hinge like assembly.

Once the leading piece is removed, you'll need a torx and a $&#! Ton of elbow grease to unscrew the multitude of screws and such. (Take pictures... I'll need as guide)

I'm heading over to my dealership today to purchase additional screws and clips necessary to assemble the Lower Leg Protection assembly; I'll need to purchase almost 40 bits and pieces...

Looking at the pieces that make-up the
Wouldn't it be great if someone made a lower fairing that has some kind of storage for little

I was already thinking of adding a LED driving light, directional LED, etc.; similar to what I've seen on some of the HD bikes with the lower fairings.

Looking at the separated-individual pieces that make-up the entire assembly; there is certainly two voids which could accommodate a small storage box that could be retrofitted into the assembly, similar to how a small RV compartment is retrofitted within the side of a Class-B van.

I'll try and take more detailed pictures and measurements of the available space when I get the pieces back from the body shop.

Any ideas of possible gadgets that are available, with a flat surface mounting option would be worth considering?

Back