At the risk of sounding dumber than I actually am....

aicpjim

Site Supporter
Bought a motorcycle lift ramp a month ago and tried to use it for the first time yesterday on another bike of mine (about half the size of my TC). Drove the bike onto the lowered ramp, but even lowered, it's still 6-7 inches higher than the floor. Can't put the kickstand down because it is off the ramp when you put it down. So the question is, how do support the bike so it doesn't fall over while trying to ratchet strap it down to the ramp? Doesn't feel like a one-man job, unless I'm missing some easy trick. The front wheel clamp isn't robust enough to keep the bike upright on its own until I can strap it.

Is there an optional kickstand plate that can be added to the lift?

How about RV wheel chocks or blocks used to level an RV when on an uneven camp site; Amazon should have something that will allow you to stack them for different heights.

Getting your TC might be a little tricky if you can't touch the ground, once driven up on the lift.

Bought a motorcycle lift ramp a month ago and tried to use it for the first time yesterday on another bike of mine (about half the size of my TC). Drove the bike onto the lowered ramp, but even lowered, it's still 6-7 inches higher than the floor. Can't put the kickstand down because it is off the ramp when you put it down. So the question is, how do support the bike so it doesn't fall over while trying to ratchet strap it down to the ramp? Doesn't feel like a one-man job, unless I'm missing some easy trick. The front wheel clamp isn't robust enough to keep the bike upright on its own until I can strap it.
Most lifts have side extensions that are available. I use my lift as a work table as well and find them invaluable.

IMG_2223.jpeg

Back