BMW R18 Protection Film Kit by OziShield

That's interesting. How do you maintain the protective film?
It is very low maintenance. Just wash your bike as per usual (obviously no pressure washer on the protected areas).

You can use something like Plexus Plastic Cleaner every now and then.

I have had 3M Ventureshield on my last 3 cars. I live in the Northeast US and we have a lot of road salt and sand in Winter. The covering makes a huge difference for keeping your paint in good shape, especially for my car that had black paint.

I myself am a fairly fair weather motorcycle rider without a lot of time so my bike will have a fairly easy life. It is usually covered in the garage November into May because our weather is harsh. When I do ride I usually only head out for an hour or two once or twice a week. With the R18 Classic I hope to get out more but I do like to keep my equipment in good shape. Getting a full kit might be overkill but maybe I'd try the tank only kit?

I'm not yet convinced OziShield is what I want. I sent them some questions such as is the film they are using for that kit from 3M and how gas resistant is it since protecting my tank is the main concern?

I called the person who installed the Ventureshield on my cars and he said he stopped installing them on bikes because getting custom cut kits was getting difficult and many companies that provided them in the past recently stopped. I might get the DIY kit and see what he'd charge me. I know a good installation requires a super clean environment and is a pain in the _ss so doing it myself doesn't thrill me. I also asked him if he ever covered chrome and he said he didn't, only the paint, so I'd have him only focus on painted areas if he's willing to do it.

Definitely "to each his own". I don't personally feel there are alot of high wear areas. I also don't like how over time dirt does tend to creep in around the edges of the film and you get this 'dirt' outline around the pieces.

" I also don't like how over time dirt does tend to creep in around the edges of the film and you get this 'dirt' outline around the pieces." - I can't comment for this protective film but for the 3M I've used on my cars I haven't seen it. The one thing I have seen is in the spring when there is high pollen count you'll see the edges of the film but once you wash the vehicle it's fairly invisible. I'm not stuck on getting it.

Back