Chromed oil cooler cover

Gerard

Premium Member
These guys from Thailand are making custom parts, including an oil cooler cover, a crashbar, and an exhaust for our R18.
I personally like my fishtail but their exhaust looks right.
I'm not on Facebook and didn't find a website where they could sell their parts.
Those with FB could try to know.
a video to watch on FB:

Bugbike radiateur d'huile 1.jpg

Echappement Thai.jpg

Last edited:
I need to see that oil cooler cover from further away to make a final determination, but, from up close, I can see why BMW went with black. That's just too much bling invested in something that is meant to blend. It distracts from the beautiful front engine cover. Keep working on links Gerard, I love seeing new products and am not on Facebook.

YUCK!
I suppose that if a rider had a fetish for unlimited chrome it might sell. IMHO an oil cooler is useful, but not something to draw attention to.

Last edited:
About the cooler cover, I eventually found a mail, and they answered it's a prototype and don't plan to sell it yet.

I need to see that oil cooler cover from further away to make a final determination, but, from up close, I can see why BMW went with black. That's just too much bling invested in something that is meant to blend. It distracts from the beautiful front engine cover. Keep working on links Gerard, I love seeing new products and am not on Facebook.

Here are shots from a distance with a chromed cover ......not bad IMO, much improved over the stock flat black plastic look.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.37.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.33.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.33.21 PM.png

It looks much better from a distance and less noticeable. Can you post a link or facebook page?

I personally feel that it is little bit of a chrome overload, for my taste at least. I'm toning down the intake cover on mine to reduce the slightly more than appreciated amount of chrome that it already has.

The chrome covers look great on the Trans Continental and baggers. Fit perfect with all the chrome trim on the rest of the touring bikes.

BUT, I am going to try and spray paint my original OEM stock cover and also spray paint a spare used oil cooler cover I bought on Ebay. One will be gloss black painted to match the frame, and the other will be spray painted sand cast to match the engine body. Then I will figure out which one I prefer after trying out both.

I also think the chrome brings too much attention to the oil cooler on the first edition bikes that are not baggers.

Will do it spring time when the weather breaks.

Back