Engine bar/ crash bar

Hello,

Is the r18 frame the same as r18 B?

I am trying to get DK Design engine bar for my bagger but when i asked them if it will fit r18 B? They could not confirm it because they do not have r18 B model to test it to….

Thanks y’all!

532BEEF3-9350-43A1-8C56-F8CA0DE5211A.png

The R18 Base and the R18 Classic share the same frame, but the R18 B and the TC share a different frame.

Images portray the difference as viewed at the head tub junctions.

R18 Base and the R18 Classic
R18Base_FrameHead_001.jpg

R18 B and the TC
R18TC_FrameHead_001.jpg

The R18 Base and the R18 Classic share the same frame, but the R18 B and the TC share a different frame.

View attachment 6373

R18 B and the TC
View attachment 6374

If R18 & R18 classic have different frame with different mounting point than the B&TC, how did they install the OEM protection bar on the classic as shown in their offical video?
I want to install the "silly"foot rest on my classic. LOL

R18 protectionbar1.jpg

Looking at the fiche at A&S it shows the same part numbers for engine guards for the B and the C, so by that indicator their existing bars may fit on a B.

R18 C

R18 B

Hope this is helpful

I think VARG is on to something. I believe the wunderlick engine bar is the same for the classic as for the B as well. obviously double check. To be honest I love those as well. I might be the Ginny pig and see if they’ll fit my B

Looking at the fiche at A&S it shows the same part numbers for engine guards for the B and the C, so by that indicator their existing bars may fit on a B.

R18 C

R18 B

Hope this is helpful

That's what I've been going off is just comparing part numbers on A&S and that tells me most likely that a classic engine bar probably fits the B/TC but I'd ask the manufacturer first.

The reason I haven't gone aftermarket is because I wanted the leg rests from BMW which require I get OEM bars.

I took delivery of OEM crash bars for my bagger. They are the same bars that fit the other models. There is a bolt hole behind the steering damper they bolt into. The bolt is just *this* much too long for the bars, and the damper needs removed for installation. Regardless, it looks like an easy job with a second pair of hands.

View attachment 6373

R18 B and the TC
View attachment 6374
Looking at the picture….the main difference i see is that the r18 and classic have a lil longer piece just above the the torx screw…. (Maybe to rake out the r18 and classic more.). But i am guessing that everything else is the same….

Oem crash bar fits all models of r18…. My conclusion is that other crash bar brands will fit all r18s!

Well I tried to order them. When ordering I put a message stating I would be trying these on a R18B. They told me it absolutely won’t fit. So I cancelled my order. I think they’re wrong and haven’t tried as they can’t get the TC and B models over there. I’ll just buy the OEM and powder coat it.

Well I tried to order them. When ordering I put a message stating I would be trying these on a R18B. They told me it absolutely won’t fit. So I cancelled my order. I think they’re wrong and haven’t tried as they can’t get the TC and B models over there. I’ll just buy the OEM and powder coat it.
Yes, that’s what DK design told me when i emailed them about it. They said that they haven’t tried it on the bagger and TC…..

I guess we can take measurement of where they get bolted on the r18 and compare it measurement on r18 B…..

IMO. they have the best looking and functional crash bar!

Back