Engine housing cover

jim young

Site Supporter
Bought the beautiful machined sands chest plate and this cover has me
getting a stand in order
A couple stand brackets
Taking the frame cradle out… to get to the side screws…. SMH- so whose got some brackets and advice on swap

- Crome don’t get you home.

Crash bars have to come back off

Exhaust back off

No flat surfaces underneath

… happy with condor chok - so what’s next. Oh i have stripped right foot peg bolt from working off the ground :( - assist please

This is exactly why I decided not to get the front chest cover. I looked at the bike very closely when I was considering buying the full front cover and I decided I didn't want to completely disassemble the bike. I bought the thin vertical strip for the front of the bike and I'm very happy with the result. Good luck. I'd really like to see the finished work. I'll bet it's going to look great.

… back to that chest plate / belt cover

How am I get to screw 3 & 4 out - Holy Spirit.

Top and bottom are out
Left and right (3,4) are blocked by cradle frame

Front engine housing cover

Engine stand on a bmw scissor lift $$$
Or
Bmw service install- which they want and expect,
Or
Wheel chock, car jack to support engine, figure it out?
Lmk
additionally, I was informed because of that no manuals will be produced

Something to support the engine (jack/2x4s, make sure you’re hitting the jack points) and probably something else to make sure the whole bike stays vertical. Ratcheting straps to secure places on the ground or a wheel chock.

Resurrecting this post to add a tip.
I placed the bike in a chock and placed two hockey pucks on a scissor jack placed under the motor fins in front of the oil filter. The purpose of the jack placement is to hold the motor in place when you remove the lower down tube portions of the frame. You’re not jacking the bike up.
I had it resting that way for a week with the down tube portions removed and nothing moved, everything went back together perfectly.

Back