Exhaust manifold/ Headers

Does anybody know if there is an exhaust manifold/ headers for bmw r18 b with cat delete, the same geometry as OEM? ( besides from BugBikes Co)

I ordered the ZARD exhaust for my B. Someone on this forum said it fits the B but when I emailed them they said it doesn’t. I ordered anyway. When it gets here I’ll let you know as it’s a full catless system

I ordered the ZARD exhaust for my B. Someone on this forum said it fits the B but when I emailed them they said it doesn’t. I ordered anyway. When it gets here I’ll let you know as it’s a full catless system
This is the system I want to order if I do change, when is it due to arrive? It’s fitted to a transcontinental in their own promo video so I don’t see how they can say it doesn’t fit 🤔

Not trying to rain on the Parade though,
I would be concerned with the mounting where the oem saddlebag brackets attach to the frame.
$2000 is a bit steep to gamble plus, Zard says they don't fit the R18B or TC(& the C too?).
I doubt if it will fit thr R18C since they have saddlebag brackets as well.
Good luck.

I
I would be concerned with the mounting where the oem saddlebag brackets attach to the frame.
$2000 is a bit steep to gamble plus, Zard says they don't fit the R18B or TC(& the C too?).
Good luck.

I agree with you, luckily I can fabricate. I’ll get it on there. Just might have to cut/reweld or fab different mounting plates.

should be here next week. I’ll keep y’all posted

Good luck.

Zard says it’s compatible with side bags on their website and it’s shown fitted to a TC in the promo video so I’d be fairly confident of it fitting which is why I haven’t ruled it out yet.

Attachments

• CE872D97-CB31-47F1-AC35-30C1A93DAF7B.jpeg
    CE872D97-CB31-47F1-AC35-30C1A93DAF7B.jpeg
    550.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 3E82FDCD-C560-4BF2-8B06-2F010960D2DB.jpeg
    3E82FDCD-C560-4BF2-8B06-2F010960D2DB.jpeg
    588.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 083596F7-3C7B-42F0-902B-76F045DD2830.jpeg
    083596F7-3C7B-42F0-902B-76F045DD2830.jpeg
    838.7 KB · Views: 40
I

I agree with you, luckily I can fabricate. I’ll get it on there. Just might have to cut/reweld or fab different mounting plates.

should be here next week. I’ll keep y’all posted
Sounds like a plan.Good luck.

Zard says it’s compatible with side bags on their website and it’s shown fitted to a TC in the promo video so I’d be fairly confident of it fitting which is why I haven’t ruled it out yet.
Well there ya go.Hopefully they will offer matching heat shields.

Well there ya go.Hopefully they will offer matching heat shields.
That’s the only oddity from the promo vid, they appear to have used stock heatshields over the join but the black system I saw fitted definitely had the ones pictured on their page. Like you said, it’s a lot of cash if it doesn’t fit the B/ TC so I look forward to seeing if it does. Poor show from Zard if it doesn’t.

Attachments

• 59920AA3-80A4-4938-AF94-4635340C8B8C.jpeg
    59920AA3-80A4-4938-AF94-4635340C8B8C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
That’s the only oddity from the promo vid, they appear to have used stock heatshields over the join but the black system I saw fitted definitely had the ones pictured on their page. Like you said, it’s a lot of cash if it doesn’t fit the B/ TC so I look forward to seeing if it does. Poor show from Zard if it doesn’t.
Agreed.
They should get their $hit together and even charge more $$ to have a complete fit.

i talked to zard via email when i was gonna get the ti zard exhaust for r18B…. They told me that they never made full production of the exhaust for the r18B. I would imagine that it would sound really well for this big boxer engine!

Anyone seen the video for the SC project exhaust for the r18b??? It sounds amazing!

Attachments

• 2C50D35C-2A44-462E-AFF5-1F9AB4CD2DA4.jpeg
    2C50D35C-2A44-462E-AFF5-1F9AB4CD2DA4.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 69
Good luck.

I wonder if the zard manifold is the same length as oem and if the circumference of the end pipe is the same diameter as the oem…

I wonder if the zard manifold is the same length as oem and if the circumference of the end pipe is the same diameter as the oem…
I would think there is a local muffler shop that does mandrel bending that could make a header pipe or modify the oem exhaust.
To be realistic,I have a 2022 Indian that I left the cat(stock oem header).It runs cooler than my 2 previous bikes,2014 & 2017 Chieftains that had the cat removed.1 had a gutted cat the other was the full Rinehart system.There is absoutely no downside to the newer bikes as they run higher flow cats.
My 22 actually runs not only cooler but is stronger with better throttle response and fuel mileage.
The master tuner on the Indian forum told me that folks removing the cat can decrease performance.
The best option I see is doing the servo buddy or have a shop make a pipe to fit in place.Then buy a set of reasonably priced slip on mufflers.I personally would not fool with the cats.
Last bit of rain:If a pair of oem mufflers list for about $3,200.No telling what the cats or headpipe will cost so,careful on mods.

i talked to zard via email when i was gonna get the ti zard exhaust for r18B…. They told me that they never made full production of the exhaust for the r18B. I would imagine that it would sound really well for this big boxer engine!

Anyone seen the video for the SC project exhaust for the r18b??? It sounds amazing!
Do you have a link to the vid? SC Project don’t list this on their site.

I would think there is a local muffler shop that does mandrel bending that could make a header pipe or modify the oem exhaust.
To be realistic,I have a 2022 Indian that I left the cat(stock oem header).It runs cooler than my 2 previous bikes,2014 & 2017 Chieftains that had the cat removed.1 had a gutted cat the other was the full Rinehart system.There is absoutely no downside to the newer bikes as they run higher flow cats.
My 22 actually runs not only cooler but is stronger with better throttle response and fuel mileage.
The master tuner on the Indian forum told me that folks removing the cat can decrease performance.
The best option I see is doing the servo buddy or have a shop make a pipe to fit in place.Then buy a set of reasonably priced slip on mufflers.I personally would not fool with the cats.
Last bit of rain:If a pair of oem mufflers list for about $3,200.No telling what the cats or headpipe will cost so,careful on mods.
Agreed with everything you said which is why I bought the zard. I want to see what this engine can do with straight pipes. I don’t want to hack up the stock exhaust and hate it. No going back then.

Hey,no aurgument from me.I say go for it.I have been riding since 1962 and have modified or changed everything from exhausts to Ported heads,Big Bore Kits etc.I had 1 bike that lived on a dyno.That being said,I settled in on just a tuner and A/C upgrade on my R18C because it has a sidecar and don't want the bike to be louder.If it were a 2 wheeled ride,I like a bobber style like MilwDave and probably would do a set of Freedom mufflers and servo buddies.
Funny,I see the world changing after stomping around for 72 years.There are a few changes over the last couple of years that could effect my wallet to list some here:
Dynojet can not sell any of their tuners in California(I think Colorado is next).
Vance and Hines paid a high price and discontinued sales to some states.
Indian is still selling stg1,2 & 3 kits till they are gone .The stg1 Indian mufflers can't be ordered(a few dealers have a set or two) anymore which are recommended if the stg2cams or stg3 kits are installed.So the dealers are selling aftermarket mufflers with the stg/upgrades.
HD is to the point they will red flag your bike if the computer picks up on a tuned ecu.
So it is good you are looking buy a complete system and keeping your oem exhaust intact.
On my 22 Indian I went with 111/stg2 cams,round A/C and A pair of new old stock 4 inch Khrome Werks mufflers that have no marking or off road stamp.They come with interchangable baffle inserts.I have 3 of them.One is a dB killer that actually increases low end torque and onlu looses about 2-3 hp on the high end.I also have a baffle they don't make anymore that is a straight thru perforated loud baffle but I run the louvered baffle which is the deepest sound muffler I have ever heard.
I would like to see someone near KR and take their R18 so they could make an exhaust.The also make TAB and oem mufflers w/cat free headers.

KHROME WERKS
A division of Lincoln Industries

600 West E Street
Lincoln, NE 68522​

[email protected]

Back