Exhaust Modified

Guys in Grimsby, just had the exhaust Modified at The Real Toy Shop in Grimsby.
Matt the owner is a bloody Wizard, the exhausts sound bloody insane, so aggressive and loud, I cannot recommend Matt@TheRealToyShop enough, great guy and keeps the fish tails and louder than the Vance and Hines and the Jekyll and Hyde.
Matt is a wizard and what a great price 👍👍

Thanks for posting this feedback. I am going to send my Mufflers to Matt also for him to do his magic. I am in the USA.

He is also great to deal with, answers all emails quickly and easy to deal with.

Matt offers two stages or versions of modification......

did you do the first stage or 2nd stage ??

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this feedback. I am going to send my Mufflers to Matt also for him to do his magic. I am in the USA.

He is also great to deal with, answers all emails quickly and easy to deal with.

Matt offers two stages or versions of modification......

did you do the first stage or 2nd stage ??
Let us know the shipping costs.

Apparently , Matt has figured out how to remove everything inside the muffler in order to hollow it out completely. He can remove all the fiberglass packing in the walls and all internals.

Does this mod effect the o2 sensors?

Nope, Not at all, because the only modification that he does is to remove the mufflers and hollow them out. Nothing else is changed. The exhaust servo flap is untouched, the catalytic converters are untouched, O2 sensors are untouched.

No difference ....its the same as if you removed your fishtail original mufflers and replaced them with BMW Vance and Hinds slip on's from the BMW accessory catalog. Except he takes the muffler off and instead of swapping it out with a different type of muffler, he replaces it out with an original set of fishtail mufflers that he has already hollowed out internally.

Inside the fishtail mufflers are sound baffles and fiber glass packing to muffle out and quiet down the exhaust noise. He removes all that obstruction to open the passageway to allow the sound to come out, with zero restrictions and zero sound deadening material.

Again, he just guts out the internals of the mufflers only. Nothing else changes.

It would be no different than changing to a different brand of slip on muffler, or changing to the BMW accessory Vance and Hinds mufflers.

The great thing is that you keep the original fishtail look.

Apparently , Matt has figured out how to remove everything inside the muffler in order to hollow it out completely. He can remove all the fiberglass packing in the walls and all internals.
I assumed he used a plasma cutter to cut off the back of the can, scrapes the honeycomb off the inside then welds it up. Ask him for a pic of the completed back side.

I assumed he used a plasma cutter to cut off the back of the can, scrapes the honeycomb off the inside then welds it up. Ask him for a pic of the completed back side.

This is what he states in his video, that he uses a plasma cutter ( what ever that is - I am ignorant to that tool)

Possibly RhodriWalesUK can answer that question, since he had the modification done. I have not yet mailed my muffler to Matt at the Real Toy Shop as of yet.

This is what he states in his video, that he uses a plasma cutter ( what ever that is - I am ignorant to that tool)

Possibly RhodriWalesUK can answer that question, since he had the modification done. I have not yet mailed my muffler to Matt at the Real Toy Shop as of yet.
I expect he has some pics of his work. I would want to see it. I assumed it is ground to a polish finish. But it would be good to see it and not be surprised.

I think you guys are nuts! Destroying a perfectly good, EXPENSIVE exhaust system, of which ultimately will devalue the bike. You're better off buying a decent quality aftermarket exhaust that sounds good. My opinion of course. The stock Classic sounds awesome with the Brentune!

I think you guys are nuts! Destroying a perfectly good, EXPENSIVE exhaust system, of which ultimately will devalue the bike. You're better off buying a decent quality aftermarket exhaust that sounds good. My opinion of course. The stock Classic sounds awesome with the Brentune!

When nuts like us do such evil things to an expensive beautiful exhaust system, its important to buy someone else's take off stock exhaust mufflers that they have discarded, after they themselves changed to aftermarket mufflers.

This way you can always revert the system back at any time.

Besides, everyone of my bikes has the mufflers gutted out ( except my Ducati Xdiavel) because it keeps the stock look, which I always prefer while making the stock system much much louder.

My personal belief is that loud pipes saves lives, IMO. I want my bike as loud as possible.

When nuts like us do such evil things to an expensive beautiful exhaust system, its important to buy someone else's take off stock exhaust mufflers that they have discarded, after they themselves changed to aftermarket mufflers.

Besides, everyone of my bikes has the mufflers gutted out ( except my Ducati Xdiavel) because it keeps the stock look, which I always prefer while making the stock system much much louder.

My personal belief is that loud pipes saves lives, IMO. I want my bike as loud as possible.
They don’t, but that’s a whole other thread…If you are into that, just remove the fishtails and put tips on. Another inmate has done that. It is a great look.

Meh, too loud = lame. For me I like to hear traffic around me, plus listen to how my bike is running. An obnoxious, overly loud exhaust allows me only to hear it, plus it's inconsiderate of others ..

I believe that the videos posted in this thread show the level of loudness that I am comfortable with. I don't need louder than what is shown on the videos at the start/top of this thread. The key is to have the bike fairly moderately subdued in noise until the throttle is fully opened to make noise when necessary. I think the video on this thread shows that perfectly.

I was careful to state that loud pipes saves lives with the disclaimer of " in my person belief" and at the end with "IMO"

I just personally feel more safer ( IMO) , AND I really like the way Loud bikes set off car alarms as you drive by !!

personal opinions only.

( P.S. ......I also like to pay LESS for everything, not more.....hahahah, but that a different thread !!)

Meh, too loud = lame. For me I like to hear traffic around me, plus listen to how my bike is running. An obnoxious, overly loud exhaust allows me only to hear it, plus it's inconsiderate of others ..
You can still hear traffic and how engine is running, it's loud but as you quite rightly stated not obnoxiously 👍

Back