EZ Pass Transponder?

With the Sunpass, I went on the website and added my plates to my account. That way, I don't need the transponder mounted on the shield.

I mounted my EZ-Pass tag to the oil cooler of my R18 B, which didn't require any drilling and blends right in.. I torx T-20 and T25 is required to remove the plastic cover (see pictures).

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_065451183_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220724_065451183_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220724_070806712_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220724_070806712_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220724_071215879.jpg
    IMG_20220724_071215879.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220724_071221971.jpg
    IMG_20220724_071221971.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
I3yxWVz.jpeg

Update! Installed my ez pass on the inside lid of my right saddlebag but got something in the mail from the Illinois Department of Transportation saying I missed three tolls and to pay them. Hmm. Seems like that location isnt working as well as I hoped it would, the lid does interfere with the signal (at least partially). Back to the drawing board. I might just do something on my R18C windshield like AdamChandler did above.

Scott Semone, where do you live? I'd love to mount an ez pass just like you did but the ones used here in Illinois are squarish and not elongated like that one you installed.

I live in NJ; they offer a windshield type or interior tag (similar to Adam's tag) and they offer an exterior tag which straddles or mounts about your front car license plate. They must have something to accommodate cars with heating elements embedded within the front windshield that act like a faraday cage (Range Rover, MB Sprinter, etc.)

Jacket chest pocket does not work for me. Very frustrating. Really don’t want to deface the bike or spend a bunch of money to make it easier to give the state money.

I agree 100% with the ideal of not wanting to deface to look of the bike; this is the reason as to why, how and where I mounted the tag on the new bike. I sold my 2008 R1200 GS Adventure with almost 97k miles on, where an external EZ-Pass was mounted on the Fog Light support bracket for years; where it always worked well, despite it being located underneath the plastic front fender. I saw that someone mounted their EZ-Pass underneath one of the side case lids; maybe see about having EZ-Pass replace the transponder due to its age; that might improve the readability of the device - they do decay over some period of time (I think there is a battery within the transponder).

I have 4 cars and 2 bikes, so I don't want to have 6 tags. :):)
I have only three of them
The cars have tag suppports iside the windshield.
Another reason I prefer to keep it in my jacket when riding is I can't forget it on the bike where it could be stolen.

EZ pass makes a sticker here in Denver which can either go on windshield or on the headlight. Both are not necessary as all motorcycles are exempt or considered high occupancy vehicles…

Back