Fat tire (not the beer)

Not on the R18. Had a Buell XB in the past that I got converted to the rear wheel of a breakout. Loved the look, hated what it did to the handling to be honest. Cornering lost a bit of its ease and flickiness. For our cruisers probably not an issue given our lower lean angles to begin with.

For the R18 apparently its a matter of swapping wheels and rear end so no big shop hours to get it milled and aligned!

https://www.lmc-bikes.de/shop/R-18-Felge-Big-Spooke-8x18-hinten-p408333151

These guys (lmc) provide full kits that seem to look really good. (So you would need to add a seat, rear end from their shop. I’d mail them to assist you to be honest)

Personally I would look into the 200 tires at 6x18 like walzwerk does. Seems plenty wide and probably handles better.

Whatever you do - post pictures!

Yes
Rim from TTS
Stock hub
Stock swingarm
Fender from TTS
SEAT from LMC

The seat is in the mail so currently running the stock fender with phat tire.

I believe the fat spoke wheel sold by LMC is from TTS

Thanks Mike

To be honest I didn't notice much difference AT ALL until I changed the handle bars. Now it just needs more muscle. Zero Fs given.

Yes
Rim from TTS
Stock hub
Stock swingarm
Fender from TTS
SEAT from LMC

The seat is in the mail so currently running the stock fender with phat tire.

I believe the fat spoke wheel sold by LMC is from TTS
Have a link for that seat?

Quick question about changing the wheel size on the r18.
I have a first edition with 19” front 16” rear. I want this changed to 21” front and 18 rear.
My concern is about the traction control. Does changing the tire size mess with the traction control.

Quick question about changing the wheel size on the r18.
I have a first edition with 19” front 16” rear. I want this changed to 21” front and 18 rear.
My concern is about the traction control. Does changing the tire size mess with the traction control.
How are you planning on going about this upgrade?

Back