Floorboard Extensions

kils

Site Supporter
I have floorboards on my R18 are there extensions for sale that would allow me to lower them. only need 20mm maximum. if so who sells this and or who already uses it?

Given the lean angle on the bike is already limited if you lower the floorboards that would make it worse. That might be a trade off you are willing to make but I dont think you'll be able to find anything to lower the floorboards.

Everybody is talking about the limited lean angle i drove up to know more than 12000km and the floorboards came 4 times on the ground. Strangs enough only in slow corners on mountain roads. For me please an adress for extensions

The wunderlich pedals are lower than the footpegs by about 20mm. Thats one of the benefits advertised. But they dont have the round bit the stock pegs do. Instead, the pedals appear to be designed to grind directly on the road if needed. Have yet to do so and I ride in mountainous roads.

Cant say if they are lower than the stock floorboards on some models though, or if they would even fit a model with floorboards.

I have enjoyed using the Wundelich Lowered Footpegs on my 2021 R18, and have determined that they are directly interchangeable only with the round R18 footpegs. Note the single pivot block on part 2 in the footpeg drawing, that fits between two ears on the mounting block. The floorboards are reversed in that the single pivot block is on the mount and the two ears are on the floorboard, I have not determined the drop difference Lowered to Floorboards, but suspect they ae similar. Note swapping the base mounts can have implications with brake reservoir alignment, kickstand stop location, and a little tilt. i ended up with the Wunderlich on my R18, and put the Flattop BMW R18 B front footpegs on my Transcontinental, I dont believe there was a noticeable difference in drop from the floorboards to the flattop BMW footpegs. Indications are that the Classic could be factory equipped with either the 2021 footpegs, or the 2022 floorboards. I did communicate with Wunderlich America a short time back specifically enquiring after the 2022 R18 TC Lowered footpegs, they replied that the engineers were working on new things all the time but nothing definite, so at this point time will tell.

2021 R18 Basic/Classic- when footpegs equipped
.1649574841043.png
2022 R18 B/Transcontinental (and 2021 Classic) - when front floorboards equipped
1649575160219.png
2022 R18 B/Transcontinental - when front footpegs equipped
1649575720355.png

see different kickstand listed for use with 2021 R18 Classic, for either the round footpegs, or for the 2022 floorboard/flattop pegs.

1649585788757.png
1649585807225.png

images grabbed from: https://www.ascycles.com/
note by my reckoning the R18 model years seem to fuzzy a little in the fiche, with R18 at 2020, and the C, B , and TC being 2021, sorta earlier by one year than how the bikes are marketed, except for the C.

Last edited:
Back