Goobie - Nova Scotia - 2022 R18B

Goobiwan

Good evening,

Well, I gone and done it. I purchase my first ever Cruiser.. Moved from a F850GS to the new R18B.. Bit of a nerd, so The Display, Cruise Control, Sat Radio, and the Marshalls, well it had me.

I was indeed worried a little about the weight, but after putting 1100 KM’s on it, (ROLL mode), and I’m becoming more and more comfortable.

Not much time left here in Atlantic Canada for riding, but happy I got my break-in completed, before putting her away for the winter.

I’ve been reading about those who have had issues with Phone/Pairing, etc. I haven’t experienced any of those issues as of yet, but I’m also patient about connectivity, and also experienced with the Connected App, and it’s limitations, and the good things it does.

01310BC5-1C5D-42B0-8E21-5CF786D2298B.jpeg

I’m gonna spend some time over the winter to figure out the customizations, etc. But, so far so good. My first ever heel/toe shifter.

Got a great bit of advice from a TC owner when i took it for a test run, about your heel position when shifting, and it was fantastic.

B732C0DE-87F2-4634-AAA1-13FF528B486A.jpeg

All the best!

Good evening,

Well, I gone and done it. I purchase my first ever Cruiser.. Moved from a F850GS to the new R18B.. Bit of a nerd, so The Display, Cruise Control, Sat Radio, and the Marshalls, well it had me.

I was indeed worried a little about the weight, but after putting 1100 KM’s on it, (ROLL mode), and I’m becoming more and more comfortable.

Not much time left here in Atlantic Canada for riding, but happy I got my break-in completed, before putting her away for the winter.

I’ve been reading about those who have had issues with Phone/Pairing, etc. I haven’t experienced any of those issues as of yet, but I’m also patient about connectivity, and also experienced with the Connected App, and it’s limitations, and the good things it does.

View attachment 7799

I’m gonna spend some time over the winter to figure out the customizations, etc. But, so far so good. My first ever heel/toe shifter.

Got a great bit of advice from a TC owner when i took it for a test run, about your heel position when shifting, and it was fantastic.

View attachment 7800

All the best!
Great pictures... Welcome aboard the B Wagon

Good evening,

View attachment 7799

View attachment 7800

All the best!
Welcome and enjoy that beautiful B!

Welcome 👋🏻

I found on both my R18 and now R18B with footboards and the heel shifter, that switching them around on the shaft allowed me to lower the heel shifter and it sat further out so much easier to use. Enjoy it 👍🏻

Congrats! and good thinking with the 'Roll' ... kept mine in (mostly) in 'Roll' for the first 2000m to give all the moving bits time to settle in .. now it's 'Rock' all the way ;)

Welcome 👋🏻

I found on both my R18 and now R18B with footboards and the heel shifter, that switching them around on the shaft allowed me to lower the heel shifter and it sat further out so much easier to use. Enjoy it 👍🏻
Great advice, will look into that when my bike returns from the Break-in Service!

Good evening,

View attachment 7799

View attachment 7800

All the best!
Welcome Goobie,Gomer,Andy,Barney and Aunt Bee.:cool:

Good evening,

View attachment 7799

View attachment 7800

All the best!
I like this photo.
One can smell the lobster traps thru it.
I spent quite a lot of time in Maine.
Nova Scotia is on the next place to go.
Welcome on the forum.

I like this photo.
One can smell the lobster traps thru it.
I spent quite a lot of time in Maine.
Nova Scotia is on the next place to go.
Welcome on the forum.
Thanks so much, a MUST DO, is the Cabot Trail!!!! It’s one of the best roads in Canada. If you come that far, well, hop on the ferry, and ride Newfoundland and Labrador!

9F1EA4B7-B189-46C5-A133-42C7D46030D2.jpeg30DDF3AF-FC93-4309-9D45-F3270CBA3995.jpeg34674AAB-451A-4124-925C-F7E778A1CC0D.jpeg

Just around the placement of your ankle relative to the shifter. I had a Touratech shifter on my GS, and a very active foot when shift, moving around the peg.
With Floorboards, I had to learn to be a little more quiet with my feet. Once I learned the best and more ergonomic location, it because much easier. Took some time though..

Back