Hello from Germany

The first Inspection after 1000km is done by BMW.
Today, in stand with running engine, i hear the fuel-pump with a hight frequency noise.
Now i am unsettled. I will have to watch this.
Did you can hear your fuel-pump too?

Greatings

Attachments

• 20210326-R18.jpg
    20210326-R18.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210326a-R18.jpg
    20210326a-R18.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 23
Today, in stand with running engine, i hear the fuel-pump with a hight frequency noise.

Greatings
I have only noticed the sound from my fuel pump when I turn on the ignition, but not after starting the engine. I will have to listen more carefully next time.
When in doubt, you might want to stop by your dealership and ask to hear another R18, to compare it to yours.

Yes i think the comparison with another R18 is a good thing to do.
The sound by turning on the ignition, so i think, is not the fuel-pump but another unit like ABS. The sound stops after a minute or so.

Greatings
I noticed it since yesterday too ! Also at a bit more than 1200 km .
The noise isn't rpm dependent so I thought to the fuel-pump too.
A sort of horn sound pretty unpleasant at low speed.
I will go to the dealer for a check, if the new Covid restrictions we'll face next week allow to.

At the first 1000km I heard the noise as a normal silent e-engine noise.

I had changed the fuel pump at my 1200C three times, because the mechanical noise was very loud.
The last pump I had mounted at the R1200C was a compatible pump out of a car.
Since then the noise is normal and very silent.
The noise of the fuel pump of the R18 was the first 1000km very equal, more silent.

The noise at the R18 now is so hight an unnerving the I will check it.

I am not sure if I am experiencing the same but I noticed on a leisurely ride yesterday that there is a persistent high pitched whine, sort of prolonged 'tuning fork/mic feedback' sound that I hear stopped at the lights. Revving the throttled does nothing to stop it but it does vary in volume. After a while it started to get on my nerves. I am taking the bike into BMW for a bit of TLC on the 8th but any others have comments on this?

Tx

The only use of the pump with the No.: 16148414915 seems to be in the R18.
So maybe new designed pump = new problems.

I forgot to say, that the noise isn’t more visible if you open the fillercap and got your ear near to listen, even the tank is near empty or full.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump.jpg
    Fuel Pump.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 21
Back