Hello from Las Vegas

Made a deal last week with a LA dealership for a new R 18 B. It wasn't the easiest deal to make based off communication problems which made me drive to the dealership to finalize the purchase. I'm glad I did because it allowed me to take a first hand look at the bike and ID some very minor paint issues on the tank. I had no intentions of picking up the bike that day because of the out of state purchase and the option I took to have a third party run the DMV paperwork so that I don't have to do it here in Nevada. I'm on a work trip and wont be back to town till the end of the month. This should allow some time to get the paperwork done and the plates sent to my house. My plan is to go back to LA and trailer the bike back so that the break-in mileage isn't a four hour highway trip right out of the starting gate.

During my research for a bike, I did notice a significant detail which steered my decision on what bike to get. Early builds with an "E" in the 12th position of the VIN garners more for your money than the later VINs having an "F". I wanted the Active Cruise Control (ACC) option and found it only available with the Premium Package. The "E" Premium Package cost is $2,050 and comes with the ACC, where as the "F" Premium Light Package doesn't come with ACC, has the exact same other options as the Premium Package but costs $2,300. Pay more, get less????? "F" VINs also cost more for the Select Package and higher shipping costs. "E" Select Package $575, shipping $645, "F" Select Package $1,275, shipping $795......Bottom line, "E" VINs cost $1,100 less with ACC and "F" VINs cot more without ACC

I hope this helps those that are looking for a new BMW R 18 B

BTW, I bought a Black Storm Metallic with Premium and Select for a purchase price of $20,500. They gave me the $2k for the BMW Customer cash offer, $500 credit for a BMW CCA member ( 27 year member) and a $2,215 dealership credit!

Congratulations, sounds like a heck of deal! You have time to rethink about riding her home with so many options through the Sierras. It would be a great way to get to know her without pure slabbing with bonus points from not treating her like a a Harley on your first date (j/k).

🍻🍻

291884418_5927293833951766_4285852601612750063_n.jpg

291903494_5927293853951764_2125035735283171220_n.jpg

Safe and sound back to Vegas. The Condor motorcycle stand is great for a trailer BTW. Now the real fun begins....

Back