Hello from SC, USA

burangs

Hi all,

I took delivery of a '21 R18C this past Saturday. Still very new to me, but it has very quickly become one of my all-time favorite bikes.
Looking forward to the weather breaking and putting the tools away. So far, I have removed the pillion and pegs, bags, and windshield ... adding just a Quad Lock in return.
Studying exhaust options presently as I prefer the original fishtails to the long cans on the Classic.

Looking forward to hopefully leaving more than I take here,

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyk
Hi all,

I took delivery of a '21 R18C this past Saturday. Still very new to me, but it has very quickly become one of my all-time favorite bikes.
Looking forward to the weather breaking and putting the tools away. So far, I have removed the pillion and pegs, bags, and windshield ... adding just a Quad Lock in return.
Studying exhaust options presently as I prefer the original fishtails to the long cans on the Classic.

Jeff
Welcome

Hi all,

Jeff
Hi Jeff , Welcome .

Welcome! You have a Classic with the non-fishtail pipes and prefer the fishtails? A) so do I! They’re sexy. Yeah I said it. B) I’ll bet someone would love to swap.

Reactions: Vyk
Hello & welcome Jeff.Enjoy your ride.........

Regards,Tom

Hi all,

Welcome aboard!

Could you take a picture from the side. From this angle the pipes look like they are a foot longer than the bike. Also, could you measure the distance from the split right behind the break pedal to the end of the exhaust? Thanks!
Sure! I will be happy to. In the meantime, these are just unmodified stock Classic cans which are quite long right out of the gate. With the bags removed, their length is a bit more exaggerated —I think it just an illusion with the bag space now unoccupied. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Congratulations!!! I bought same. Surprised you would take off the windshield. I tried mine without and it makes a big difference when you are on the highway.
From a post I had elsewhere…

+++
I’m going back and forth with the windshield. It is off right now as it is very hot here (SC, USA) in the summer. It will probably make it back on when the temps start to drop off, but with a laminar to cut the turbulence.
+++

I just bought one. Hasn't arrived, hope it helps
A laminar? I just remounted my windshield with a spare laminar that I had. I have not ridden yet, but I suspect it will do the trick. Wind hits me just about eye level and I think this will get it up and over —at least it did when I had it previously fitted on another bike.

Jeff was that one of the 3 bikes Champion had? I took the Transcontinental out of there last week and I was looking for the other South Carolina R18 owners out there.

Back