Holiday Deal Thread 2022

EDIT: It seems like this is something folks like, so changing a bit to reflect something sort of official.

This thread is intended to be a hub for both R18 specific deals for the holiday season, as well as reasonably related gear, equipment, tools, etc.

Please include a link to any deals you post in this thread. If there is a time frame for the deal, it would be appreciated if you would include that as well. Hope everyone has a good holiday season!!

Last edited:
Roland Sand Design just put a bunch of jackets on sale; I have a couple of RSD CE flannel shirts and a RSD CE Hoodie. All are super comfortable and well made riding gear, which actually doesn't look like riding gear..

Roland Sand Design just put a bunch of jackets on sale; I have a couple of RSD CE flannel shirts and a RSD CE Hoodie. All are super comfortable and well made riding gear, which actually doesn't look like riding gear..
weirdly, I went to their website and they show nothing for the R18. You can buy their parts on BMW dealership sites, but not the SOURCE site. Very strange.

weirdly, I went to their website and they show nothing for the R18. You can buy their parts on BMW dealership sites, but not the SOURCE site. Very strange.
Yeah, I checked using the search filter which actually shows the R 18 line-up; but comes up with zero search results. I see a long list of R Nine parts and such though..

Pretty common in the motorcycle industry. Just the same as you can’t buy certain akrapovic exhausts for Yamaha, Ducati etc other than from the manufacturer. You can’t buy the R18 Vance & Hines pipes from them or any of the Mustang seats direct either.

I pulled the trigger on that jacket earlier in the thread. Hope the leather is thick...wife found out about it today. She might try to stab my ass to death when I get home from work tonight! hahaha

I ordered the C4 Pro...large. Almost cannot get my head in it so it has to go back. A sales rep says this brand, maybe others, are trying to seal the bottom of the helmets with padding so they cannot fly off in case of a crash. Feels like being in a tomb.

I ordered the C4 Pro...large. Almost cannot get my head in it so it has to go back. A sales rep says this brand, maybe others, are trying to seal the bottom of the helmets with padding so they cannot fly off in case of a crash. Feels like being in a tomb.
My Neotec is that way (but I like it). Having a modular allows for a much tighter neck roll, which makes them much quieter than modulars that pad like a full face. Personally haven't done anything but try a C4 on (wasn't a fan of the shape/fit). Does it have a removable chin curtain?

Just a quick sanity check, but when you try to put it on do you have the flip open or are you trying to put it on like a full face with the flip down?

Generally a flip face has more sealing around the neck as they are meant to be put on with the flip up, but then can seal better than a full face. This has nothing to do with keeping the helmet flying off, that’s what the strap does. Rather they are for sealing out wind noise.

Back