• Due to the fact that gmail allows bots to create email accounts and then the bots use these to sign up as spammers New users cannot use @gmail.com email accounts

Honda Goldwing

Billt1NH

Ah I'm sure that title sparked reaction. After buying a 2022 Transcontinental I had planned and asked the dealer to buy the 2022 Grand America wanting both in my garage. Having a less than pleasurable experience from the dealer I thought it might be in my best interest to look around and consider options. . Having been a Harley rider for 40 years never in a million years would I ever consider a Goldwing. Well my wife and I just left the Honda shop and I'm not sure what there isn't to love in the new 2022 Goldwing Tour DCT? We Harley riders always made fun of Goldwing riders so me considering it surprises me too. I don't see the Transcontinental being a cross country bike for me as no way to stretch the legs hence the want/ need for a smooth long distance tourer. I'll keep the TC as well because it's fun for the first 200 miles but by spring will have either the Grand America or Goldwing.

Rambler358

I don't see the Transcontinental being a cross country bike for me as no way to stretch the legs hence the want/ need for a smooth long distance tourer.
Not sure if you know this, but there is a leg rest option available from BMW that allows you to extend your legs. I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam and have personally not had the need for the leg rests after almost 2000 miles on my TC so far.

Billt1NH

Not sure if you know this, but there is a leg rest option available from BMW that allows you to extend your legs. I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam and have personally not had the need for the leg rests after almost 2000 miles on my TC so far.
Every " body" is different. My legs start to hurt if I can't straighten them out every few hours. For the first 150- 200 miles on my R18 TC I'm in heaven. Yes 3 months ago when I took delivery of the Transcontinental I ordered the leg rest and an upgraded seat. Neither have come in. I also put about 2300 miles on the TC before putting away for the winter.

Last edited:

Gr8adv

How soon we get old, how late we get smart. 😄

I have owned and travelled extensively all over and across Canada and the US several times on HD's, BMW's of most every flavor, and Goldwings. The k1600 and the Wing are hands down the gold standard for that type of riding.

Last edited:

Adrian R

I've always liked HD, the bikes, but never the culture. HD riders can just be ignorant and incarerated by meaningless belief. Their disdain towards other makers of bikes at the very least, comical. Technologically and reliabilty wise they've always been the lesser.. Goldwings have always been outstanding, high performing, long lasting, reliable bikes. I have a Goldwing *Valkyrie* that is one of the amazing bikes ever made. Outperforms 90% of everything on the road...and can go nearly 300mi between fill ups.

Attachments

• IMG_20210724_181624__01.jpg
    IMG_20210724_181624__01.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13

Billt1NH

I've always liked HD, the bikes, but never the culture. HD riders can just be ignorant and incarerated by meaningless belief. Their disdain towards other makers of bikes at the very least, comical. Technologically and reliabilty wise they've always been the lesser.. Goldwings have always been outstanding, high performing, long lasting, reliable bikes. I have a Goldwing *Valkyrie* that is one of the amazing bikes ever made. Outperforms 90% of everything on the road...and can go nearly 300mi between fill ups.
I always looked at it more of a “Ford / Chevy “ kind of thing. That being said I don’t know of many other manufacturers who enjoy the brand loyalty of Harley, deserved or not . As a lifelong rider of Harleys I find the lines ( appearance) are a thing of Beauty. The R18 plucks the same heart strings. I am in hopes the Gold Wing after a few thousands miles in the saddle will speak to me as well .

Last edited: