The OEM bars are 30mmI missed the first boat yesterday when they were in stock but I put in an order today. Their message said they should be available in a few days. Once I have them I’ll report back.
A few things I noticed:
- They mount the same as the stock OEM protection bars, one bolt on the bottom of each side unlike the 2 side mounts used for the Wunderlich.
- The price with shipping is about $300 including DHL 2-5 day international shipping which is 1/2 the cost of the Wunderlich. $600 plus shipping felt a little too painful to me for the Wunderlich.
- I prefer the look of this bar with the bent top vs the shape of the Wunderlich which appears to be more flat.
- It might be more gimmicky than practical but I’m curious to see how the footrest attachment on the Hornig works out for me. I find after an hour of riding I’d like to be able to stretch out without stopping. It good you can remove the attachment if you don’t like them.
- The Hornig bars are 38mm diameter vs 32mm for the Wunderlich. I don’t know the diameter of the BMW OEM engine bars.
I’m not saying the Hornig bars are better. Maybe the Wunderlich are worth the extra money? I also wonder if the finish on the Wunderlich are a higher quality than the Horning? We’ll see.
I wish, however, that these were available in chrome.
Thanks mate, do you have these on your motorcycle? How did you find the quality, if so?For BMW 1800 R18 2021. For BMW 1800 R18 2020. These Original Design Chrmoe/ Black engine crash bars for BMW R18. The thick steel bars can withstand the weight of the R18 to keep the engine safe. Motorcycle Adjustable Clip On Windshield Extension Spoiler Wind Deflector ABS.www.ebay.com
Having them put on this week, I'll put up a pic.Anybody have a set of these from Hornig? Do you like them?
You’re right they do look the same and less expensive than buying from Hornig. Here’s the link:They look identical to the Craftride version I have bought from Motea. Not as yet seen them for real as I am not with my bike for another ten days. I paid something like 150 Euro's for them.