I need some clothes like those

Luis

Hi, I think is the first thread about clothes. I’m looking for a true waterproof water resistant (with a lot of rain) ventilated jacket And pants When I was a HD guy I saw the FXRG equipment. Do you know something like that in any other brand? It must be wearable in (extreme) summer and the waterproof layer must be outside (not separated liner). Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 0FD3CF64-0CB8-421A-80DC-D22E86565294.jpeg
    0FD3CF64-0CB8-421A-80DC-D22E86565294.jpeg
    547.9 KB · Views: 35
There are so many options, Luis, Belstaff, Rukka, Dainese, Klim, Rev'it. They're likely all comparably good.

That said, when I think of riding in adverse conditions, I think of Aerostitch. Now, keep in mind that I don't have any personal experience with this brand (I'm kinda over riding in the rain), but, from years of hanging out in motorcycle forums, there's always been an extremely positive consensus. Good luck!

Hi, I think is the first thread about clothes. I’m looking for a true waterproof water resistant (with a lot of rain) ventilated jacket And pants When I was a HD guy I saw the FXRG equipment. Do you know something like that in any other brand? It must be wearable in (extreme) summer and the waterproof layer must be outside (not separated liner). Any ideas? Thanks in advance
I have been riding with the same Aerostitch Roadcrafter 2 piece for over 25 years and bout 300,000 miles, still going strong.
Have worn it in 5 countries on 3 continents. Snow in Alaska, driving rainstorms on Kansas and the heat of Saudi Aeabian desert.
Not high fashion but there is nothing much more useful in any weather. Almost indestructible.
Quite a few available on Ebay.

Lava Hot Springs, ID 6am Monday Sept 6, 2005, beginning of a second consecutive 1,500+ mile in less than 24 hr day, destination Terra Haute, IN.

Harley Aux Tank.jpg

Last edited:
I still have and still use my FXRG gear!

I have been riding with the same Aerostitch Roadcrafter 2 piece for over 25 years and bout 300,000 miles, still going strong.
Have worn it in 5 countries on 3 continents. Snow in Alaska, driving rainstorms on Kansas and the heat of Saudi Aeabian desert.
Not high fashion but there is nothing much more useful in any weather. Almost indestructible.
Quite a few available on Ebay.

Lava Hot Springs, ID 6am Monday Sept 6, 2005, beginning of a second consecutive 1,500+ mile in less than 24 hr day, destination Terra Haute, IN.

View attachment 2401
Excellent. Thanks Blackdog

My Atlantis buck skin suit is nearly 20 years old and still waterproof. The design hardly changed in that time which speaks volumes.
could now do with a refurbishment but only to get the trousers matching the jacket once more.

I like hi-viz gear, especially when raining. Klim Latitude jacket. Revit defender pro GTX pants (keep your eyes out on AdvRider for used gear)… granted, it’s more adventure type style gear, but I have a bunch of bikes and i like the versatility, protection, visability and ventilation of this setup even if a bit dorky/incongruous when riding the R18. I also wear a Klim Ai-1 airbag vest underneath. It’s fine up to maybe 85 degrees (as long as you’re moving). In terms of fully waterproof in “extreme” summer, there isn’t anything. Fully waterproof and ventilated can’t coexist. I have different gear for extreme heat (which includes a compact stowable rain suit and either mesh or perforated leather depending on the situation). Living in the northeast and riding all year means lots of different gear (and an annoyed wife).

Attachments

• 58624512-73FF-40DE-B8BE-78713322E740.jpeg
    58624512-73FF-40DE-B8BE-78713322E740.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back