I really wanna have a complete and prefect R18 TC!!!!!

Hey guys,
As you know, my R18TC is a chinese Version, it has some differences between other Versions. I totally can't understand why BMW can do this!!!!
1. The biggest Difference is that My TC doesn't have ACC sensior, so i couldn't use the ACC function.
2. BMW didn't offer the chinese Map for the App"connected", so means i also can not use the Navagation, so pity!!
then it's my Question!
1. Is it possible to install a ACC Sensior for my castrated R18TC and implement all the functions of ACC Model?
2. Can i install a Map(not from BMW ) for the App"connected"?

hope you guys could give me some alternative suggestions and solutions, it will be helpful for me to get a complete and prefect R18 TC!!!!!
thank you very much!!!
Greeting from BEIJING!
Qiang

Hi Qiang, do you mean that in China they don’t offer the TC or B with the ACC?
The ACC is an optional extra when purchasing the bike. Best bet is to contact your dealer and see if they can retro fit one if they do offer this extra.

As far as I know the ACC is not directly linked to the maps, it is just an advanced cruise control so the radar can detect the car on front, set up distance between you and the traffic as well as speeds.

The maps are downloaded from the app to your phone if they are available. For this try to contact the app developers via the App Store. If they don’t have Chinese maps on their database then I much doubt you can download a map to the bike as the bike does not have its own Nav system, it pulls it from the app/your phone and then display them to the TFT. You will need to use something like google map or any other variant at your disposal but this won’t feed to the TFT, instead you need to mount your phone somewhere and use it as a Sat Nav.
Hope you get it sorted, keep us posted.
👊

Last edited:
Which country are you located in? I just checked the BMW app and didn't see China, or Russia maps as an option to download here in the US.

As far as the ACC, I agree with the earlier mentioned post; check with your dealer first and see if it is an option that maybe you didn't pay for when you first purchased your bike.

There's three things that come to mind concerning the Adaptive Cruise Control needed hardware and software:
1. The installation of the uWave transceiver above the headlight and the associated plastics to make it fit perfectly.
2. The left hand control tree will need to be purchased in order to adjust the "following distance", or the range that adjust how close or far away your bike follows or tracks the vehicle in front of you.
3. The TFT or Infotainment system software, if it already has the ACC functionality installed; the system displays the vehicle distance settings and set speed of the cruise control.

This is the first bike I've ever owned with an electronic cruise control; I don't use it often, but when I do use it - I like the adaptive functionality. But again, it doesn't get much use here in the NYC area, as traffic is pretty congested.

Hi Qiang, do you mean that in China they don’t offer the TC or B with the ACC?
The ACC is an optional extra when purchasing the bike. Best bet is to contact your dealer and see if they can retro fit one if they do offer this extra.

As far as I know the ACC is not directly linked to the maps, it is just an advanced cruise control so the radar can detect the car on front, set up distance between you and the traffic as well as speeds.

The maps are downloaded from the app to your phone if they are available. For this try to contact the app developers via the App Store. If they don’t have Chinese maps on their database then I much doubt you can download a map to the bike as the bike does not have its own Nav system, it pulls it from the app/your phone and then display them to the TFT. You will need to use something like google map or any other variant at your disposal but this won’t feed to the TFT, instead you need to mount your phone somewhere and use it as a Sat Nav.
Hope you get it sorted, keep us posted.
👊
thank you very much for your reply, my friend 😊
Actually BMW Motorrad China doesn’t offer any TC or B with the ACC. And also I have asked dealer, they also don't offer any extra parts for ACC. That's why I want to ask our friends here, has anyone tried to install ACC by dealer or themselves?
For the map, i will try to contact the app developers,maybe I have good luck, they will help me😁And very important is that I don't like to mount the phone on the bike, it looks not cool 😀

Which country are you located in? I just checked the BMW app and didn't see China, or Russia maps as an option to download here in the US.

As far as the ACC, I agree with the earlier mentioned post; check with your dealer first and see if it is an option that maybe you didn't pay for when you first purchased your bike.

There's three things that come to mind concerning the Adaptive Cruise Control needed hardware and software:
1. The installation of the uWave transceiver above the headlight and the associated plastics to make it fit perfectly.
2. The left hand control tree will need to be purchased in order to adjust the "following distance", or the range that adjust how close or far away your bike follows or tracks the vehicle in front of you.
3. The TFT or Infotainment system software, if it already has the ACC functionality installed; the system displays the vehicle distance settings and set speed of the cruise control.

This is the first bike I've ever owned with an electronic cruise control; I don't use it often, but when I do use it - I like the adaptive functionality. But again, it doesn't get much use here in the NYC area, as traffic is pretty congested.
Thank you very much for your reply my friend !
My car has ACC function, I use ACC very often, especially driving on the highway, it feels so comfortable. So I can imagine if my bike has ACC, it will be so great 👍
So my problem now is :
1.where can I buy the hardware of ACC system ? I try to find it in ebay, but that's nothing about ACC hardware in ebay.
2. How can I get software and programming for that?

Ok, I see that your bike doesn't have the button which allows you to adjust the following range. I assume the bike is pre-wired for the RADAR transceiver and the Left-Hand Control Tree; the real question is if you installed the hardware, will the bike recognize the ACC functionality.

I've seen these parts for sale, I sent a link out on a different topic; I'll see if I can find it and post it for you.

Use the search function on the forum: search the word "link", and look at post by me (scott.semone) and look at the topic Wireless Phone Charger R18 B / TC; you will see the link to a shop that is selling TC parts.

Last edited:
I found the ACC Range Adjustment button; it looks like you'll need to purchase the complete handle bar set, which includes the RH and LH side controls. The site looks like they have two sets available, black color handlebars and a chrome set.

1685179809424.png

1685179923359.png

Back