Looking to sell my 2021 Classic First Edition

aicpjim

Site Supporter
Wife didn't like riding on the back of it, so I just bought a Transcontinental and now need to sell the Classic FE. She likes the Trans much better due to the top case and stereo and less wind buffeting. My FE has 512 miles on it. Upgrades include engine protection bars, luggage rack and rear backrest by Road Styler, BMW Motorrad windshield bag and tail bag, upgraded Weekender seat by Mustang, and a taller windscreen. Please note the cylinder head covers and exhaust trim were swapped out with my new Trans. Looking to get around 14 k for it. I have it listed for 14.5k, but on this site, I'll go 14 even.

r188.jpg

Will be a good deal for someone, nice setup. As much as I like chrome I am sort of digging the head covers to changed it to. Plus the RSD gas cap and it looks like a fairing bag as well, sweet. And black engine guards no less :)
Darn, I will have to be happy with my base R18FE that I need to get delivered from up North but yours should sell right quick.

Well that would be interesting to keep them both for a bit and see if one develops a taste for each at different times. Couse that is a bit of coin to have such a life.

Hello aicpjim,
Good luck on the sale of your classic. I have thought about it.

On your Trans, I like the look of the BMW emblem located in the middle of the chrome heads. What are they called? Phone call to a BMW dealer soon so I can mount them on my Trans.

Hello aicpjim,
Good luck on the sale of your classic. I have thought about it.

On your Trans, I like the look of the BMW emblem located in the middle of the chrome heads. What are they called? Phone call to a BMW dealer soon so I can mount them on my Trans.
They are the Roland Sands valve cover trim accessories. Takes all of 5 minutes to put a pair on. You can get them from a lot of dealers, like Bob's BMW, Sierra BMW, and I think even Revzilla has them.

After a month, I can't get any traction on this sale on Facebook Marketplace, Rumbleon, Cycle Trader or Craigslist. Ugh! Got a guy that wants to trade straight up for a 2013 Anniversary Road King with 10k miles. I might take the deal. I live in a Harley town. Probably would have an easier time selling a Harley than my bike.

I'm not surprised. I just bought my new 2021 R18 Classic from a dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area. Although it's not a First Edition, it has both the Premium and Select packages. It was a demonstrator with just over 100 miles and they discounted it so heavily it cost me less than you're asking for your bike.

Good luck with the sale or trade.

These are expensive niche bikes and the cost of living is a huge concern (for most people) so dropping money into a luxury purchase (as a private buyer) is going to be difficult. Dealers are pushing hard to clear stock so no wonder they bid a very low p/x. In that scenario they have the upper hand. Ironically I think used prices will increase and firm up as/when the R18 is pulled. Just like the Honda F6C. When all:that is said it only takes one person to want your bike and I hope they come along.

As with anything - selling is down to very simple rules.

Get it cleaned up, photgraphed well, and advertised in the normal channels.

From there it is 1 thing & 1 thing only - PRICE.

There is a buyer for everything if the price is right. Sounds simple, and it is.

If you are advertised widely, and have no interest, it's the price.

After a month, I can't get any traction on this sale on Facebook Marketplace, Rumbleon, Cycle Trader or Craigslist. Ugh! Got a guy that wants to trade straight up for a 2013 Anniversary Road King with 10k miles. I might take the deal. I live in a Harley town. Probably would have an easier time selling a Harley than my bike.
Just make sure you really want the harley...and would the wife want to ride on the back of it :)
Believe me, if yours was for sale when I got my R18FE it would have been great. I did do the bmw .9 finance deal and all in my cost 11k and change. SInce I did not have that cash laying around and .9 rate that sort of made me do the deal.

Your TC is a different brother from the same mother R18 engine. Different but hard to want to keep both unless you could afford both and like toys :)

I know it sounds crazy but it would sale yesterday if listed for 12k no doubt. There is always the step down approach...drop price by $500 and see if anyone bits. Do list the price of each add-on that you added to the bike.
Good luck on the sale though yes...the R18 base and to a lesser degree the R18 Classic might not be hot sellers used in todays market wtih interest rates going through the roof. Then again, it is a bmw and small universe of bmw buyers should like your bike if they are ok with the limited rear suspenion travel.

I'm in the same boat, trying to sell my Classic. I think I'm going to take the hit and trade-in for a T120.

Go figure, I advertised my bike on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Cycle Trader, and one other site, unsuccessfully, for a month at $13,900... Then last week I took it to a local motorcycle shop to put it into his stable on consignment. He advertises it at $16,500, and within a week gets a buyer. He's gonna give me 14 and keep the overage. Sheesh!

Go figure, I advertised my bike on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Cycle Trader, and one other site, unsuccessfully, for a month at $13,900... Then last week I took it to a local motorcycle shop to put it into his stable on consignment. He advertises it at $16,500, and within a week gets a buyer. He's gonna give me 14 and keep the overage. Sheesh!
If youre interested i have 2018 HD fatboy 114 for sale in Texas. Mint bike, maintained well. Lemme know if youre interested.

Back