Luggage Rack

Howdy All,

I am keen to install a luggage rack behind the passenger seat on my R18 Classic. I had ordered a rack from Holan, but they cannot delivery to New Zealand at the moment. Does anyone know of someone else who sells rear luggage racks for the Classic (I looked at Motea, but they don’t get a decent consumer rating)? I don’t have my R18 on hand for the next couple of weeks, but would be keen to fabricate something if there aren’t any options for purchasing. In that event, would some kind soul be good enough to measure the spacing between the two pannier holes in the rear guard, the width of the rear mud guard at the location of the pannier mounts, the angle of difference between the line between the two pannier mount holes and a rough approximation of horizontal (for a luggage rack) and finally the offset between the rear pannier mount hole and the rear of the passenger seat (on the Classic). I am not sure if anyone would have the time to do this, but if anyone is keen, I can get building so it is finished when I get reunited with my bike! Thanks, Simon.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any racks which are meant to be used behind the passenger pillion other than Holan's, Simon. I can't help but think that there must be a shipping solution. I mean if you buy it and have it shipped to me, then pay for shipping to you, I'm happy to be the conduit. Or if there's someone closer to New Zealand who could step up? It can't be impossible.

Howdy All,

I am keen to install a luggage rack behind the passenger seat on my R18 Classic. I had ordered a rack from Holan, but they cannot delivery to New Zealand at the moment. Does anyone know of someone else who sells rear luggage racks for the Classic (I looked at Motea, but they don’t get a decent consumer rating)? I don’t have my R18 on hand for the next couple of weeks, but would be keen to fabricate something if there aren’t any options for purchasing. In that event, would some kind soul be good enough to measure the spacing between the two pannier holes in the rear guard, the width of the rear mud guard at the location of the pannier mounts, the angle of difference between the line between the two pannier mount holes and a rough approximation of horizontal (for a luggage rack) and finally the offset between the rear pannier mount hole and the rear of the passenger seat (on the Classic). I am not sure if anyone would have the time to do this, but if anyone is keen, I can get building so it is finished when I get reunited with my bike! Thanks, Simon.
This is what I got. It requires drilling two holes in the rack, but not any drilling on the fender. I also added some rubber bumpers to isolate it from the fender.

Ruth_Corbin_1.jpg

Hey TodkaVonic that is a very generous offer of help thanks. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it myself, but I have a few friends in the UK who could reroute a package so thanks also for the suggestion. Cheers!

I am not making any judgements on the company, but the facts are that I placed an order on 25 June. I was told multiple times that my goods would ship only to eventually be told after 5 weeks that they cannot ship to New Zealand. I tried to look at rerouting the package via the UK over the last couple of weeks only to have this become impractical. I have requested a full refund and am currently awaiting a response.

I am not making any judgements on the company, but the facts are that I placed an order on 25 June. I was told multiple times that my goods would ship only to eventually be told after 5 weeks that they cannot ship to New Zealand. I tried to look at rerouting the package via the UK over the last couple of weeks only to have this become impractical. I have requested a full refund and am currently awaiting a response.
That doesn't sound good. I really like the looks of the flat luggage rack they offer.

Here is a option if you have a corbin seat with their backrest:

Regards,Tom
That may end up being an option. I have a Cross Country Seat on the way, and really like the looks of the Holan, and the reviews saying how strong and sturdy it is. It really has that 60's and 70's vibe I remember on my R75/5, and a couple of later R100/7's. I am hoping to mount a GIVI Trekker on it.

Simonn. Our conversation ended with: waiting for the address of the sister in the UK, to whom we were supposed to ship the goods (because at the moment, due to Covid-19, shipments from Poland to New Zealand were blocked - no fault of ours). We did not receive any e-mail as a continuation of the conversation later. please send it to [email protected]

ok. no problem, we just didn't receive an email with this information. as I wrote, the last one we received from you was with information about your sister in the UK

Thanks for that. I have business interests that have been adversely affected by Covid and appreciate your willingness to do the refund and the difficulties getting stuff anywhere at the moment. I really liked the look of your products and wish you the best in providing kit for the R18.

Thanks for that. I have business interests that have been adversely affected by Covid and appreciate your willingness to do the refund and the difficulties getting stuff anywhere at the moment. I really liked the look of your products and wish you the best in providing kit for the R18.
an e-mail from you just arrived. I will finish the topic by e-mail according to your wishes

Black Dog, people can choose to be gracious, seek to find the better nature of man kind, help others learn and defend those who maybe can’t. Then there are those who are offensive, choose to belittle others and rely on self aggrandising to fell better about themselves. I have no need to tell you what I have done with my life or tell you how many things I have built or rant on about how many miles I have travelled. It is unnecessary. All I can say is that trying to criticise everyone who doesn’t do things the way you would choose only makes you a smaller person. I know you will retort with more insults, or memes, or tales of how great you are but in the end you are only diminishing yourself. Whether you like Holan’s products or not is one of personal taste. There are many here who do. Whilst I think his company may have done a slightly better job in handling my purchase, I entirely sympathise with the difficulties of trying to keep international business going through a pandemic. He has agreed to refund my money and I don’t think there is much more he could have done at this point in time.

I will not be commenting on whatever you come back with in reply to my comments as I have much better things to do. I do wish you all the best though.

Black Dog, people can choose to be gracious, seek to find the better nature of man kind, help others learn and defend those who maybe can’t. Then there are those who are offensive, choose to belittle others and rely on self aggrandising to fell better about themselves. I have no need to tell you what I have done with my life or tell you how many things I have built or rant on about how many miles I have travelled. It is unnecessary. All I can say is that trying to criticise everyone who doesn’t do things the way you would choose only makes you a smaller person. I know you will retort with more insults, or memes, or tales of how great you are but in the end you are only diminishing yourself. Whether you like Holan’s products or not is one of personal taste. There are many here who do. Whilst I think his company may have done a slightly better job in handling my purchase, I entirely sympathise with the difficulties of trying to keep international business going through a pandemic. He has agreed to refund my money and I don’t think there is much more he could have done at this point in time.

I will not be commenting on whatever you come back with in reply to my comments as I have much better things to do. I do wish you all the best though.
Just wanted to chime in and say that I was on this forum less than a day and figured out whom I would put on the ignore list.I have seen my share of forum bully's and wanted to thank you for your post.Anyway,I just FREEZE EM OUT! They really hate not having a audience.

Regards,Tom

Back