Media player?

moleculo

Has anyone figured out what types of media and what folder it expects the files to be in to automatically see them to play from the bike's media player? The manual references that if it doesn't show them, it's because they're not in the right location. But it doesn't say what that location is, lol. FWIW, I'm using an Android phone. I would also like to play FLAC music.

I'm not asking about using a streaming service...I've done that, too. I'm asking about music stored on the phone. The manual seems to indicate that the media player should see the files, but maybe that's not the case. In my car, it seems whatever is stored in the media folder so I can use the vehicle app without having to mess with the phone. I'm hoping there's a way to do the same on the bike.

To play music from my phone on the TC, I paired my phone to the bike in the connections menu then used a media app on the phone.
Hope this helps.

Are you using iPhone or Android - I have an iPhone and assumed that because of ios the bike couldn’t see my library. I assumed Android would be more open source and the library would be viewable.

Currently, I will play an album or playlist before I open BMW Connect to ‘queue’ the list to play while I’m riding.

I’m not sure I would want to see my entire library. Scrolling through hundreds (or thousands) of albums with the Wonderwheel would be a major distraction - almost as distracting as using the heated grips/seat!

I have about 9500 songs stored on my iPhone. It works flawlessly with the bike's player.
I just don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is an issue with my iPhone, or with my bike. It is really frustrating. There have been a few times where it seemed like it was working but most of the time it does not.

I'm using Android and it doesn't see the library either.

I use Amazon Prime Music, where I have a playlist which only consist of downloaded music vs streaming; I found that the downloaded playlist doesn't stall or stop playing when cellular service is spotty, vs. streaming music.

It sounds like you were asking about how to download music onto the radio control unit within the bike; where in theory, you could listen to your playlist or music without your cell phone being present or connected to the bike? If so, I haven't seen anything posted along those line; it would be nice if the radio had a memory slot to load in music.

No, I think that he's asking how to use the bike's control interface rather than using the phone interface to control selection and playback of music. I think that he knows how to make it work using the phone as the control, but is trying to get the bike to behave like the user manual states that it should. That doesn't involve "downloading" the music to the bike, but just using the bike as the control. I have C, so no help here...

Android with about 10k mp3 files, free media player app. On my TC, I cannot see library, but once starting a playlist, album, or artist on the phone... it'll play through the list on the bike, I can move next, last within the list when viewing media full screen on TFT. The playback pauses when I turn volume down all the way. I did notice that if i select a set to play, then set the phone app to replay one song, on the bike will play and repeat, but can still select next, back... then that selection would repeat.

Android with about 10k mp3 files, free media player app. On my TC, I cannot see library, but once starting a playlist, album, or artist on the phone... it'll play through the list on the bike, I can move next, last within the list when viewing media full screen on TFT. The playback pauses when I turn volume down all the way. I did notice that if i select a set to play, then set the phone app to replay one song, on the bike will play and repeat, but can still select next, back... then that selection would repeat.
I typically start Amazon Music on my phone prior to starting the BMW Connect App; once connected to the bike's TFT, I can replay or advance through to different music tracks using the control tree via TFT.

I don't think or haven't been able to see a menu which allows me to search different artist, albums, etc via the TFT menu though..

Back