• Due to the fact that gmail allows bots to create email accounts and then the bots use these to sign up as spammers New users cannot use @gmail.com email accounts

Mods to the R18C

R18C

Rode to Hannigan Motorsports in Murray Kentucky to have the sidecar installed.I gotta tell ya,these folks are class A in customer service and they operate a old school business.All the mechanics are very up to date on the can bus electric system.Hand laid fiberglass and quite a impressive machine shop.I think these guys could make about anything.Ruth Anne welcomed me like family.

I found a almost identical black wheel w/stainless spokes to match the BMW factory wheels thru Drag Specialities.Since Hannigan includes a chromed spoke wheel with the sidecar,they got this one and only charged me $150 to machine this wheel to fit a 1 inch axel.
I highly recommend these folks.

Attachments

• IMG_9788.JPG
    IMG_9788.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9793.JPG
    IMG_9793.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9794.JPG
    IMG_9794.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9785.JPG
    IMG_9785.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9787-2.jpg
    IMG_9787-2.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9463.JPG
    IMG_9463.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

R2K

Elite Member
Looks fantastic, the R18 is a perfect bike for a side car. Look forward to the pictures when it’s complete. It’s going to be a trophy winner.

R18C

IMG_9808.JPG
IMG_9807.JPG
First night at the motel in Memphis.
Takes a little getting use to.
Really like the difference.Some things safer some are a little butte puckering.
SUSPENSION AAA+ I was suprised how much nicer the bike rides with the sidecar.Hardly notice any bumps.Ruth Anne @Hannigan said that bikes with softer suspensions need to have heavy duty shocks installed.The R18 was made for a sidecar 4 sho!

Last edited:

R18C

BTW,I could write a book on the quality, customer service and the way I was treated.Dave & Ruth Anne are both riders and just the best!Real motorcycle enthusiasts.
Probably the best purchase expierence I have ever made.The mechanics & techs class A.They talked about can bus electronics and actually showed me all the lathe machines.Really old scool shop.Hand laid fiberglass, paint,weld and a oven with air forming to curve the windshield.

Last edited:

TodkaVonic

Elite Member
View attachment 3591
View attachment 3592
First night at the motel in Memphis.
Takes a little getting use to.
Really like the difference.Some things safer some are a little butte puckering.
SUSPENSION AAA+ I was suprised how much nicer the bike rides with the sidecar.Hardly notice any bumps.Ruth Anne @Hannigan said that bikes with softer suspensions need to have heavy duty shocks installed.The R18 was made for a sidecar 4 sho!
Yeah, left turns with a rig always kinda caused a pucker. Go slow. Get used to how it feels.

R18C

Yeah, left turns with a rig always kinda caused a pucker. Go slow. Get used to how it feels.
Actually,right sweeping turns with tthe camber control elevated gets crazy when you let off the throttle.But lower it a bit and gas on pulls right thru.
1st rule:NO LEANING Doesn't work,LOL!
I have to retrain my brain to steer not lean.
It's really practice,practice,practice.
After 500 miles and 1 scary moment, my wife says I am really killing it(not killing us;)).
I really like it and I will always have a the R18C w/sidecar as it is fun as hell!

Gr8adv

Actually,right sweeping turns with tthe camber control elevated gets crazy when you let off the throttle.But lower it a bit and gas on pulls right thru.
1st rule:NO LEANING Doesn't work,LOL!
I have to retrain my brain to steer not lean.
It's really practice,practice,practice.
After 500 miles and 1 scary moment, my wife says I am really killing it(not killing us;)).
I really like it and I will always have a the R18C w/sidecar as it is fun as hell!
Leaning, lol. You gotta move;these beasts are a blast off-road.

Attachments

• CCEFBBB0-8DEF-42FC-BB18-FC8E40921024.jpeg
    CCEFBBB0-8DEF-42FC-BB18-FC8E40921024.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12