Mod list for the R18C only

• Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 939

Rode to Hannigan Motorsports in Murray Kentucky to have the sidecar installed.I gotta tell ya,these folks are class A in customer service and they operate a old school business.All the mechanics are very up to date on the can bus electric system.Hand laid fiberglass and quite a impressive machine shop.I think these guys could make about anything.Ruth Anne welcomed me like family.

I found a almost identical black wheel w/stainless spokes to match the BMW factory wheels thru Drag Specialities.Since Hannigan includes a chromed spoke wheel with the sidecar,they got this one and only charged me $150 to machine this wheel to fit a 1 inch axel.
I highly recommend these folks.

Attachments

• IMG_9788.JPG
    IMG_9788.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9793.JPG
    IMG_9793.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9794.JPG
    IMG_9794.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9785.JPG
    IMG_9785.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9787-2.jpg
    IMG_9787-2.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9463.JPG
    IMG_9463.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks fantastic, the R18 is a perfect bike for a side car. Look forward to the pictures when it’s complete. It’s going to be a trophy winner.

Looks fantastic, the R18 is a perfect bike for a side car. Look forward to the pictures when it’s complete. It’s going to be a trophy winner.
Tankz!

IMG_9808.JPG
IMG_9807.JPG
First night at the motel in Memphis.
Takes a little getting use to.
Really like the difference.Some things safer some are a little butte puckering.
SUSPENSION AAA+ I was suprised how much nicer the bike rides with the sidecar.Hardly notice any bumps.Ruth Anne @Hannigan said that bikes with softer suspensions need to have heavy duty shocks installed.The R18 was made for a sidecar 4 sho!

BTW,I could write a book on the quality, customer service and the way I was treated.Dave & Ruth Anne are both riders and just the best!Real motorcycle enthusiasts.
Probably the best purchase expierence I have ever made.The mechanics & techs class A.They talked about can bus electronics and actually showed me all the lathe machines.Really old scool shop.Hand laid fiberglass, paint,weld and a oven with air forming to curve the windshield.

View attachment 3591
View attachment 3592
First night at the motel in Memphis.
Takes a little getting use to.
Really like the difference.Some things safer some are a little butte puckering.
SUSPENSION AAA+ I was suprised how much nicer the bike rides with the sidecar.Hardly notice any bumps.Ruth Anne @Hannigan said that bikes with softer suspensions need to have heavy duty shocks installed.The R18 was made for a sidecar 4 sho!
Yeah, left turns with a rig always kinda caused a pucker. Go slow. Get used to how it feels.

Yeah, left turns with a rig always kinda caused a pucker. Go slow. Get used to how it feels.
Actually,right sweeping turns with tthe camber control elevated gets crazy when you let off the throttle.But lower it a bit and gas on pulls right thru.
1st rule:NO LEANING Doesn't work,LOL!
I have to retrain my brain to steer not lean.
It's really practice,practice,practice.
After 500 miles and 1 scary moment, my wife says I am really killing it(not killing us;)).
I really like it and I will always have a the R18C w/sidecar as it is fun as hell!

Actually,right sweeping turns with tthe camber control elevated gets crazy when you let off the throttle.But lower it a bit and gas on pulls right thru.
1st rule:NO LEANING Doesn't work,LOL!
I have to retrain my brain to steer not lean.
It's really practice,practice,practice.
After 500 miles and 1 scary moment, my wife says I am really killing it(not killing us;)).
I really like it and I will always have a the R18C w/sidecar as it is fun as hell!
Leaning, lol. You gotta move;these beasts are a blast off-road.

Attachments

• CCEFBBB0-8DEF-42FC-BB18-FC8E40921024.jpeg
    CCEFBBB0-8DEF-42FC-BB18-FC8E40921024.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 17
LRS Prototype windshield. This has a tint and curve that is slightly wider and slightly taller.The are extra holes will be eliminated to just the 6 needed when the production units are available.The windshield is superior to the oem and works well.I like how it looks and it will come in Acrylic or Polycarbonate for a little more $$.IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0295.jpgIMG_0298.jpgIMG_0301.jpgIMG_0300-2.jpg

Wow…..that is an absolute beauty, it looks sooooo right. A marriage made in heaven, also so refreshing to hear you had a positive experience re the combination coming together and the build quality complete with first class customer service. A very well done to all concerned and this restores my faith in human nature!
Enjoy and safe riding R18C and wife and thank you for posting the pic’s.

Wow…..that is an absolute beauty, it looks sooooo right. A marriage made in heaven, also so refreshing to hear you had a positive experience re the combination coming together and the build quality complete with first class customer service. A very well done to all concerned and this restores my faith in human nature!
Enjoy and safe riding R18C and wife and thank you for posting the pic’s.
Thank you

Back