More Rusted Turn Signal Mounts

Like many others my bike rolled off the lot with rusted signal hardware. A call to a few dealers tells me this is extremely common, so much so that the part is back-ordered for all eternity.

My plan was then to pull the hardware off and have them cold blued at the local gunsmith. However, I can't figure out how to get them out! The torx on top or using a 7mm box wrench feel like I'm tightening either way. Maybe an internal nut? Either way I stopped screwing with it because if I break them there are no replacements. Anyone here done it?
IMG_20210904_125253262.jpg
So in the meantime, I went to work with a wire brush and some CLP. No scratches on the authentic German plastichrome. Keeping a thin film on there until a better solution pops up.
IMG_20210904_130602657~2.jpg
IMG_20210904_130552432~2.jpg

Anyone here done it?
Awhile back, I removed my front signals and replaced them with motogadget bar end signals. I popped the lens off one of them just now. There's no internal nut that I can see. Cranking on the nut you circled feels like the pot metal signal housing will break before whatever threadlock was used will give. I share your reluctance to try any harder.

888A8821-D6B3-4A32-BAC5-9BE7B6088A3E.jpeg

/I think I can see threads in there
//nice job on the clean-up nonetheless

Awhile back, I removed my front signals and replaced them with motogadget bar end signals. I popped the lens off one of them just now. There's no internal nut that I can see. Cranking on the nut you circled feels like the pot metal signal housing will break before whatever threadlock was used will give. I share your reluctance to try any harder.

View attachment 2510

/I think I can see threads in there
//nice job on the clean-up nonetheless
I will check the shop service manual for details….and report back…

Back