My gawd, how did I get here?

Hey folks, I am excited to be a new R18 TC owner. Took a couple years off riding to build a house and finally convinced my wife into becoming a pilon. I took her out on a Goldwing, then R1250RT and then she spied the R18 TC and said, “that looks cooler, can we take it out?” Upon our return, her grin said it all.

However, I waited a week to take her out on the HD Ultra Limited and then the R18 Just to make sure.

Fully loaded and easily $20k less than the Ultra Limited, my R18 feels like a better machine in nearly every respect. My only issues being the silly smartphone holder and the smallish bags and tour case.

The most fun I have had in two weeks was watching my HD friends struggle to understand why I bought it. I’m 6’3” and the R18 feels like it has more legroom than the HDs. It’s serious beautiful right out of the box, no mods or upgrades needed.

Winter landed so she’s in storage til spring.

Cheers,
D

Attachments

• 2FE99D9E-8042-4AEC-B087-EE980CC5A4F6.jpeg
    2FE99D9E-8042-4AEC-B087-EE980CC5A4F6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
Hey folks, I am excited to be a new R18 TC owner. Took a couple years off riding to build a house and finally convinced my wife into becoming a pilon. I took her out on a Goldwing, then R1250RT and then she spied the R18 TC and said, “that looks cooler, can we take it out?” Upon our return, her grin said it all.

However, I waited a week to take her out on the HD Ultra Limited and then the R18 Just to make sure.

Fully loaded and easily $20k less than the Ultra Limited, my R18 feels like a better machine in nearly every respect. My only issues being the silly smartphone holder and the smallish bags and tour case.

The most fun I have had in two weeks was watching my HD friends struggle to understand why I bought it. I’m 6’3” and the R18 feels like it has more legroom than the HDs. It’s serious beautiful right out of the box, no mods or upgrades needed.

Winter landed so she’s in storage til spring.

Cheers,
D
You could always try the smartass approach when HD riders ask why you bought it, and answer "Uh, because I like GOOD motorcycles."

I have an HD RoadGlide and find it to be a fine motorcycle. But the R18TC has a much better wind deflection fairing and it's just plain beautiful to behold. The tech on the BMW is fun and easy to navigate.
The lower leg wind protection allowed me to ride this evening at 31 F. Heated seat and grips are standard and remind me how much I appreciate the R18TC.

Back