My New R 18 Classic

could you please 🙏🏻 remove the side bags to see if the Saddlebag Brackets are the same that I already have on my R18 👇🏻 Thanks, and by the way, beautiful bike

Attachments

• 3E844209-24E7-44C6-9D4C-8616E0E9FCB5.jpeg
    3E844209-24E7-44C6-9D4C-8616E0E9FCB5.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 6
could you please 🙏🏻 remove the side bags to see if the Saddlebag Brackets are the same that I already have on my R18 👇🏻 Thanks, and by the way, beautiful bike
The side bags on the R 18 Classic do not use that bracket. They have two screws that mount the bag directly to the rear fender. There is a lower bracket by the vance and hines exhaust that holds the lower part of the bag in place.

The side bags on the R 18 Classic do not use that bracket. They have two screws that mount the bag directly to the rear fender. There is a lower bracket by the vance and hines exhaust that holds the lower part of the bag in place.
good to know that. Thanks a lot

Do you know if the classic saddlebags are available in USA? Looks great.. Thanks

I owned both. The Classic with the 16” tire absorbs road imperfections much better and the Bike feels somewhat more stable but that could be due to the steering damper on the Classic

I'd like to know that too.
I'm looking for a "classic" buyer who could want to trade my 19" for his 16".
I like the big fat look of the 16" tire.
I couldn't order my first edition with it.
16" and 17" wheels fall in motorcycle handling's sweet spot - 16.5", racing territory for many years. World Superbikes switched from 16.5" to 17" in 2013, mostly driven by cost, then British Superbikes in 2014, and finally MotoGP to 17″ in 2016. 16" with fat tyres makes for good handling without sacrificing comfort. 17" is mostly found on super/sportbikes and 18" on cruisers. 19" is more popular and functional with (on/off-road) adventure bikes, while 21", offered optionally for the R18, are popular on hard-core adventure bikes, baggers and some cruisers. e.g. the H-D Breakout. The latter in terms of form rather than function. More ridiculous 23", 26" etc. front wheels are mostly confined to baggers only travelling between the house and the pub/bar (-:

Best first check R18 and R18 Classic frame geometry (rake & trail) and part numbers before doing a swop and belatedly making some inconvenient, pricey discoveries. I mostly tend to measure twice before cutting, having learnt, and relearnt, the hard way (-:

Back