no PTTL and no PTTR

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

I am happy to report that the R18TC on cruise control does not "pull to the right" (PTTR) nor does it "pull to the left" (PTTL)
I have ridden many a bike in which I had to lean noticeably to one side to hold the bike on the road when not using hands.

I have years and years of adolescent BMX and Mountain Bike racing, jumping and quarter pipe tricks and such; I have never taken both hands off of my motorcycle grips.. I'm too chicken at 70mph..

When my TC was new, I did...and no pull. I did it a week or so again, but with a almost worn out front tire, and got a slight tank slapper. I checked the bike out, and nothing is loose. I am gonna mention it, when I get the tire replaced in a few weeks.

I noticed when I was adding the TC auxiliary lights to my B model; I noted a steering damper under the triple tree.

What is the definition of a "tank slapper"? I've heard several versions, all different..

Then u take your hands off the bars at speed (60+ in my instance), and the handle bars wobbles back and forth.. As soon as I put my hand back on the bar, it stopped.

Back