NOLA new 22 R18

In New Orleans. Just traded my 2016 K1600GT for a sparkling 22 R18 Classic. Very nice machine and already put 100 miles on it. Unfortunately I can't find the owner's manual or figure out how to look under the seat. Any tips? Also, I had a Russel Day Long on the GT, was amazing, the stock R18 Classic seat is beautiful but not comfortable. What's everyone using for butt comfort?
2022-11-11_R18-new.jpg

Welcome 👋🏻

You should have been given the manual along with the 10/13mm spanner that doesn’t fit with the rest of the onboard tools?

Congratulations! I went with the "Weekender" seat as well. I put it on the day before a cross country ride and covered between 500-600 miles a day. Very comfortable and with such a small gas tank I was stopping for mandatory breaks anyways, but night and day from the original where my normally immune arse was ready to throw in the towel by 300 miles.

I tend to get something very different each time I change bikes and your swop certainly fits that pattern. I'm sure there will be aspects of the K you will miss, but the R18 is such a beautiful and fun bike to ride that also offers more Roadster performance than I originally believed it could. Make sure the rear shock is adjusted for your weight as it makes a big difference given the limited travel and then keep stretching her legs as it takes a few thousand miles to break in. The rougher vibes smooth out, MPG goes way up and the exhaust note nicely improves as well.

Enjoy 🍻🍻

Congratulations!! I was “drooling” over that one week ago! Love that color combo!
I’m in Lacombe just across the lake, have a daily rider seat and 21” windshield, whenever you want to cross the lake, come and check it out before you buy anything.

Congratulations!! I was “drooling” over that one week ago! Love that color combo!
I’m in Lacombe just across the lake, have a daily rider seat and 21” windshield, whenever you want to cross the lake, come and check it out before you buy anything.
You in the Gulf South club?

I have not heard very many favorable adjectives describing the stock seat on the R18 classic. One rider likened the stock seat to a torture board.
You will find many good suggestions here.

Would like to take you up on the offer to check out the seat. After thanksgiving I’ll be riding all over so I can meet you anywhere.

Back