Pulled the trigger on an R18

Sgeren

Never thought I would ever own a cruiser, much less a behemoth like the R18, but took a test ride last weekend just for fun and couldn’t wipe the smile off my face and the mid pegs are way more comfortable for me than forward pegs. One of my other bike is going to have to go, but I’m excited for you the new one!

Welcome Sgeren! I'm in the same boat about never thinking I'd own a cruiser but she's all I've been riding since last fall. The others just languish in the garage.

Welcome, let’s see some pictures! Congratulations you seem to appreciate the R18 for its soul.

Welcome to the exclusive club! Love the look of the RSDs! I loved the bike ever since they announced it back in 2019. It was tough being #3 on the waiting list but man was it worth the wait!

Hi Sgeren and welcome. It was the test ride that got me too. I’d just done 200 miles on my road king over two days. Took the RK to the bmw dealership for the test ride. 10 minutes on the r18 and i knew the Road King was toast :):)

Hi Sgeren and welcome. It was the test ride that got me too. I’d just done 200 miles on my road king over two days. Took the RK to the bmw dealership for the test ride. 10 minutes on the r18 and i knew the Road King was toast :):)
Funny thing is, I’ve been riding for 20 years but have never ridden, much less owned, a cruiser. First timer I rode the r18 was my first cruiser ride ever. Loved it. I’m not giving up my r nine t anytime, but it’s nice to have different rides!

Funny thing is, I’ve been riding for 20 years but have never ridden, much less owned, a cruiser. First timer I rode the r18 was my first cruiser ride ever. Loved it. I’m not giving up my r nine t anytime, but it’s nice to have different rides!
In truth, i’m not sure the 18 IS a cruiser which is possibly why you took to it. All my other bikes are sit up straight nakeds and the 18 feels like un understressed “eat up the miles, and just relax” grown up version of them. I wanted one because i have the R51 series it was based on. It really does feel like the modern, pumped up version of that. Why BMW keep dressing the 18 up like a Harley is beyond me :)

Attachments

• E6D6DF58-592A-4ADD-A574-249FE96FDD89.jpeg
    E6D6DF58-592A-4ADD-A574-249FE96FDD89.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
Back