R18 B 7 Jurock Windscreen

LCRC18B

Love my bike but it has a crazy amount of wind buffeting, or whatever you call it, on the freeway. Pulled the trigger on a 22" 7 Jurock Windscreen in clear. Will report back with picture and ride report when it gets here. I'm looking forward to a quieter ride. Hope it's not too tall, but nothing is perfect.

Last edited:
Love my bike but it has a crazy amount of wind buffeting, or whatever you call, it on the freeway. Pulled the trigger on a 22" 7 Jurock Windscreen in clear. Will report back with picture and ride report when it gets here. I'm looking forward to a quieter ride. Hope it's not too tall, but nothing is perfect.
I did the exact same thing. I ordered the 20" and found it to be way too tall for me. Their return policy is definitely sucking. I ordered the wrong size and put it on my bike. I haven't ridden the bike yet due to cold weather. Jurock will not take it back since I mounted it on my bike. If they did, it would be a 15% restocking fee plus shipping. I get all that and actually I'm not upset. Talked to their CS dept and they are sending me an 18" screen dark smoke. Anyhooo, I have a 20" screen for sale if you find the 22" is too tall. It is Dark Smoke as well.

Last edited:
So far, I'm impressed with the 7 Jurock shield. Surprisingly while riding at highway speeds with my Freedom Performance exhaust, I can still hear the stereo clearly. I have the 20in windshield while sitting on the tall comfort seat. Prior to purchasing the windshield, I was considering a way to upgrade the much overrated Marshell stereo. I think that the 7 Jurocks added width over the stock shield really makes a big difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_083731_9.jpg
    IMG_20211230_083731_9.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 185
Thanks for the feedback friends. I have a 2003 1150RT too, with an aftermarket windshield, and the noise, etc. is night and day vs the stock R18B, which overall is a much more comfortable bike. I think the R 18 B stock windshield looks great, but I plan on riding it a lot so I need some more protection. I emailed 7 Jurock today to see if I could switch to the 18 inch, after vm Jailer's post, but either way I'm sure it will be a win.

Lloyd, you have me wondering if the 20" is the perfect height, LOL.

Last edited:
So far, I'm impressed with the 7 Jurock shield. Surprisingly while riding at highway speeds with my Freedom Performance exhaust, I can still hear the stereo clearly. I have the 20in windshield while sitting on the tall comfort seat. Prior to purchasing the windshield, I was considering a way to upgrade the much overrated Marshell stereo. I think that the 7 Jurocks added width over the stock shield really makes a big difference.
Do you listen in Sirius XM HD mode? I find the stero underwhelming when using AM/FM, but it sounds fantastic to me when listening via Sirius XM

Do you listen in Sirius XM HD mode? I find the stero underwhelming when using AM/FM, but it sounds fantastic to me when listening via Sirius XM
With the stock windshield I find the volume not quite able to keep up at 70, but the wind noise is extremely loud at that speed, so IMHO it's to be expected. To your point, it seems like the input gain makes a difference for the volume (AM/FM vs Sirius). I honestly think the stock system sounds great. It's super loud. A lot of people don't realize how compressed most audio files are (Spotify), which will make any system sound less dynamic (because the sound is compressed). I'll report back when I get the new windscreen. I expect a huge difference.

Stereo is not what I expected. But I do hear clearly with the 7 Jurock sheild while listening to XM. I still may try to add an amp and upgrade speakers once I get over the fear of fairing disassembly. 😥 BTW after my time in the Army and 30 plus years of factory work my hearing is not the best.

Thanks for the feedback friends. I have a 2003 1150RT too, with an aftermarket windshield, and the noise, etc. is night and day vs the stock R18B, which overall is a much more comfortable bike. I think the R 18 B stock windshield looks great, but I plan on riding it a lot so I need some more protection. I emailed 7 Jurock today to see if I could switch to the 18 inch, after vm Jailer's post, but either way I'm sure it will be a win.

Lloyd, you have me wondering if the 20" is the perfect height, LOL.
If it helps I'm 5'9". Tall comfort seat has worked out well for me. I can still easily flat foot the bike and no more back side pain after an hour. I am also able to see over the windshield which was my goal.

I did the exact same thing. I ordered the 20" and found it to be way too tall for me. Their return policy is definitely sucking. I ordered the wrong size and put it on my bike. I haven't ridden the bike yet due to cold weather. Jurock will not take it back since I mounted it on my bike. If they did, it would be a 15% restocking fee plus shipping. I get all that and actually I'm not upset. Talked to their CS dept and they are sending me an 18" screen dark smoke. Anyhooo, I have a 20" screen for sale if you find the 22" is too tall. It is Dark Smoke as well.
Let’s see a picture of the 20” dark smoke installed on the bike please.

I also have the 7jurock 20” screen. Actually, they used my TC along with my feedback to make improvements to their final design.
I’m almost 6’2” tall and on the BMW Option 719 seat, and the windshield is perfect for me.

I also have the 7jurock 20” screen. Actually, they used my TC along with my feedback to make improvements to their final design.
I’m almost 6’2” tall and on the BMW Option 719 seat, and the windshield is perfect for me.
Is the Opt 719 Seat more comfortable than stock seat?

Very confusing.
they answered me via email:
"The 22" is the TC stock size and the 18" is the R18B size. They both have the same bottom mounting holes. Let me know if you have any other questions."

I went ahead and ordered the 23" clear. the top of the stock screen is right in my line of sight looking towards the horizon

Last edited:
they answered me via email:
"The 22" is the TC stock size and the 18" is the R18B size. They both have the same bottom mounting holes. Let me know if you have any other questions."
As stated above, I ordered the 20" thinking it would work for me. The was due partly by their windshield comparison diagram on the website. I have since sold the 20" and ordered the 18". I think the difference is that their design takes an upward turn just past the top bolt. The stock screens lay flat and gradually come towards you. We will see, or not, soon enough.

Back