R18 classic Auxiliary light change

Is it possible to replace the OEM aux light with after market lights(Clearwater lights, Sw-Motech,ect), and have the new lights to be controlled by the same switch?

I really want to replace and relocate the light to the carsh bar, just like other ADV setup for my taste.

* The reason for OEM Aux lights replacement is because they cannot be clamped onto the crash bar.

Lights11.jpg

lights 22.jpg

I’m no electronics whizz but I’m guessing if the power draw is within the canbus limits set for the OEM additional lights you should be able to wire them in by patching into the OEM loom. If you try running them as well as the OEM ones you may trip the canbus out.

jon

The existing OEM lights should be 12 V; I'd recommend using the existing wiring to power the new lights or relocated lights. I think the wiring is fed through the mounting bracket, I'm not sure what is involved. I'm actually starting a project where I'm installing those same auxiliary OEM lights onto my B model, in order to get the same look at the TC model.

Need some help concerning adding Auxiliary Lights to an R 18 B model (similar look to the R 18 Transcontinental); the R18 and R18 Classic looks to have the same Auxiliary Lights either stock or as an added option with the windscreen. Can you trace the wiring from the Auxiliary Lights back to where it connects into the wiring harness and or the headlight control unit? Also, it would be great if you could remove the connection and take pictures of the wiring connector and or see if there is a part number stamped on the wiring loom.

I've order Auxiliary Lights (11), leading directionals (12) and the mounting bracket and the associated hardware screws (10); I'm trying to determine if the wiring harness depicted below (7) is the wiring for the Auxiliary Lights?
1660814180198.png

Back