R18 with Sidecar '

Jeez that's awesome. Suits the bike well. Really nicely done, whoever did it.

That said, having briefly owned a sidecar and having experienced the, well, unique characteristics of riding with a sidecar, I say "looks amazing, glad YOU'RE enjoying it."

I'm about 2 weeks away from having my R18 with LBS (Dutch) Boxer sidecar rig delivered. All installation work was done at LBS-USA in Kenmore, WA after original design work was done in The Netherlands by Ad Donkers. It is my understanding that the sidecar pictured above was done for photo opportunity only, and isn't actually rideable, primarily due to no mods being done to the front suspension. Mine has a leading link front suspension. I'll post pictures once it's delivered.

How'd you like to stick this sidecar on the R18? Looks awesome on this 1939 R51! I'm still amazed at how well BMW paid homage to these classic bikes.

1624373171286.png

Looks awesome! If I had a good reason to do it I'd have no issue getting one for mine. Ive rode Indians for the past 20 years and I always joked about getting one so the ol'lady could drive and I'd sit in the sidecar and get hammered lol

Looks awesome! If I had a good reason to do it I'd have no issue getting one for mine. Ive rode Indians for the past 20 years and I always joked about getting one so the ol'lady could drive and I'd sit in the sidecar and get hammered lol
now that's a very good reason to get a side car.... it also holds plenty of cases of beer when going to a bbq !!

I'm about 2 weeks away from having my R18 with LBS (Dutch) Boxer sidecar rig delivered. All installation work was done at LBS-USA in Kenmore, WA after original design work was done in The Netherlands by Ad Donkers. It is my understanding that the sidecar pictured above was done for photo opportunity only, and isn't actually rideable, primarily due to no mods being done to the front suspension. Mine has a leading link front suspension. I'll post pictures once it's delivered.
You should post some pictures, I’m sure it looks great.

Back