R18 Wunderlich Passenger Backrest

I always suppossed that the non original or non official parts must be cheaper than the main brand. But no! Come on Wunderlich, BMW made the bike, you can make it better (in price), you are not developing and researching from beginning.

Ordered the Black one today, I really like the round tube design/aesthetics better than the flat plate design on the other two I've seen.

Price is crazy and definitely a lot more than I expected/wanted to pay, but I have learned that many times it is more expensive to settle for something.....

R18 is not a bike I "settled for" :)r18map.jpg

I'm waiting on the bmw passenger backrest to be available. Havent seen its price yet but Im praying its alot better priced than the one posted above

Waiting for it to show up.

Backrest, Big pad, BMW emblem and wire (tube) rack

David
David, does the rack fit onto the backrest? I couldn't tell on the website.

EDIT: Yeah I guess it does - the holes look like they line up with the joint on the backrest. I am considering this option - for the price, it looks pretty decent.

View attachment 645
Ordered this and received it Monday! Top quality and matches my R18 Classic seating to a tee! Wunderlich puts out amazing accessories and this is by far the most relevant sissy bar I have seen. I have to wait another month before I can put my bags on too as the adapter kit for bag mounting is delayed. Don't knock it until you see it....oem backrests look too Harleyesque. This is PERFECT for the R18 and fine quality.

Ordered this and received it Monday! Top quality and matches my R18 Classic seating to a tee! Wunderlich puts out amazing accessories and this is by far the most relevant sissy bar I have seen. I have to wait another month before I can put my bags on too as the adapter kit for bag mounting is delayed. Don't knock it until you see it....oem backrests look too Harleyesque. This is PERFECT for the R18 and fine quality.
Did you buy black or chrome? Reasons?
Thanks

With as much torque this bike produces and my heavy hand, I definitely need a backrest for my wife. It's too bad the Wunderlich is the only one available. And I agree it's a nice looking backrest. Just out of a matter of principle I'm not paying that much money for it. And I also agree the other ones out there just don't fit the looks of the R18. I'm very tempted to go to one of the custom bike builders in the area and have them fabricate one. I'm sure they either beat the Wunderlich price or even if they come up with the same price, I'll have something unique...

Back