R18B Front Fender on a Classic

Yup. I think I paid $100 just for shipping. And Pinstriping is what? $100-150? Seems worth it. All in all consistent with what things cost for the R18.

I told you… when many people said “the heat is not an issue with the R18” of course, the bikes starts to arrive November 2020. North winter, south summer… 😎😂

Following….. assuming that’s just the fender and does not include the 4 pods showing speed, rpm, gas level,etc…… Do you happen to know if the 10.2” screen can be ordered as well and will it work.

I have not seen the latest versions of the R18 models but take it from the above comments that the new models have metal front mudguards . I was hoping that they would have been plastic of the quality of my 1970's Beemers. Has anyone put the DK front mudguard on a Classic with the wider tyre ?

I received the front fender from the R18B today PN 46617924616, almost a month after I ordered it which isn't too bad considering it came from Germany. Installation wasn't bad but the T40 screws that attach the fender on to the lower fork are a bitch to get at without removing the front wheel & they use a bunch of lock tight. I did have to drop the brake caliper. I replaced the T40 screws with SS 8M 1.25 x 20mm bolts with lock & flat washers when I installed the new R18B fender. I have to take it off again to get it pin striped & I can actually get a wrench on the bolts. Here is the result on the Classic, I really like it.

Attachments

• IMG_4351.jpg
    IMG_4351.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 247
Yep. Just went out to my barn to look at my g-string front fender. Yours looks WAY better. What was BMW thinking putting that tiny fender on an old school fat tired wire spoked wheel motorcycle? The front fender is the only thing I don't like about my Classic but I was fine with it until you showed me that pic. Again, damn you Sir!

PS: Congrats! It looks freaking awesome.

Yep. Just went out to my barn to look at my g-string front fender. Yours looks WAY better. What was BMW thinking putting that tiny fender on an old school fat tired wire spoked wheel motorcycle? The front fender is the only thing I don't like about my Classic but I was fine with it until you showed me that pic. Again, damn you Sir!

PS: Congrats! It looks freaking awesome.
Just doin' my part Caveman!

I’m looking for 2 of those now one for the sidecar and another for the bike…..your not making friends ! Just kidding thanks for the photos.

Is the fender steel?

Last edited:
Back