Rear mounting stand for BMW R 18

Rube Goldberg would be proud, uses the dead fish exhausts.
$630 + shipping?
Not to knock their stand but as you've indicated, why? My scissor lifts at the exact same points (under the receivers for the muffler pins) and supports the rear of the bike just fine,for a little over $500 cheaper! All said tho' if someone doesn't have a lift or needs to borrow a workspace the new tool's pretty cool but still... a second scissor for the front is still less than 1/2 the cost. If you want to roll the bike around move it before you lift it. hehehehe

Attachments

• R18 Scissors.jpg
    R18 Scissors.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 40
Although I'm not sure how well it works with the R18, this company had a Kickstarter campaign a few years ago and developed some really well engineered and innovative stands that let you move the bike around in all directions.

1624303568180.png1624303568180.png

Was this the Dynamoto or another stand? I'm really interested in how well the Dynamoto works because it lets you squeeze the bike into really tight spots.

I just ordered the stand from Hornig with an additional set of swivel wheels to be able to maneuver the bike to where ever you want to. $330 incl. shipping. once the rear is lifted you can also lift the front with a $60 scissor lift from amazon to level it out. the Hornig stand looks pretty neat and gives you ample lifting hight.

Back