Right side trip panel (covers toolkit) popped off

Hi, I lost my right side trim panel (covers the toolkit) the other day on the road…anyone jkn9w where I can get a replacement?

Yikes. That's a bummer. I noticed when putting mine back on the other day that the L-shaped mounting points were more easy to bend than I would expect. I installed and reinstalled the cover several times until I was sure that all the pieces had fully coupled.

That said, I've never seen a single one of those for sale used or otherwise anyplace. So best to just order from a dealership. Good luck.

Thanks and I did manage to find the 2 parts (emblem and cover) in the parts catalogue.
Hey Chris, I just realized mine was gone as well either it flew off or stolen as the tools are gone as well :(

Can you share what the part numbers are for the side cover and emblem? I got the first edition but will also go to the dealership over the weekend to ask.

The right side panel of my 100 years edition also flew off and BMW refused my warranty claim, so I need to order it. I found the part numbers of the cover and the emblem, but when I view the chart for the parts I also see axial securing clip and rubber grommet attached to the cover each with their own part numbers. Do I need to order these as well or just the cover and emblem?

The cover and the emblem that I ordered through my BMW dealer arrived to them today from Germany, but the cover is a matte color unlike the original part. They don’t know whether it is the wrong part or whether they are supposed to coat it with the color code and they are researching about the issue. The part no label on the package of the cover shows the same part no ( 46 63 9 445 052 ) as shown in maxbmw site. Also, I realized that apart from the cover and the emblem, 3 axial securing clips and 4 rubber grommets are also required to attach the emblem to the cover and the cover to the bike. The parts diagram shows clips part no. as 07 14 9 239 251 and grommets as 46 63 1 453 144.

I am now waiting for the dealer to respond to me regarding the color issue.

Last edited:
I ordered mine from Max for my 2021 FE

Right side cover with blackstorm paint 46631542520
4x Rubber Grommet 46631453144
Inscription with FE on it 46639829365
3x Axial securing clip for the inscription 07149239251

I guess I should reject the cover, since it won’t be factory painted. Would anybody know if the paint for of the cover for right side panel of the 100 years edition “blackstorm” ? Or is it a different color?

Hey Chris, I just realized mine was gone as well either it flew off or stolen as the tools are gone as well :(

Can you share what the part numbers are for the side cover and emblem? I got the first edition but will also go to the dealership over the weekend to ask.
Yikes. Sorry.

I was actually going to order from max, but I didn’t get a response to my e-mail. I tried contacting them twice. I will try again.

Yes, the 100 years edition is 2023.

Back