Service Lift Pneumatic load unload assistt for the motorcycle lift.

Black Dog

Completed the Pneumatic load and unload assist for the motorcycle lift.
Simply push the button to load or unload from the wheel chock.
Force controlled with pressure regulation, speed controlled with both meter in and meter out flow controls.
Tie down eyes mounted through the from axle.
Tie down easily accomplished using the stainless steel eyes with Ratchet straps, or turnbuckles, much more stable than compressing the front suspension.
Tie down can still be down to old fashioned way compressing the front shocks or simple strapping the front wheel.
This works with the R18, R1200RT and the K1600B shown in the pictures.

PnuematicAssist-1.JPGTieDownEye.JPGPnuematicAssist-2.JPG

Last edited:
Cool. More photos from a distance would be nice
Have been playing with this design for years, the key is the use of the hollow front axles and the eyebolt mounting method.
Can be adapted to biker without hollow front axles, Works for the old FXR that I gave to my son.
No modifications of any kind to the motorcycles.
The over center design, which most chock manufactures utilize, of the K&L wheel chock made for an abrupt final few inches when loading, the flow controls allow this tick over to be controlled.
Backing an 800 pound bike off the over center chock can be tricky, a hard pull even with the reverse gear.
Backing off the chock can now be dialed in to make unloading a breeze.
Securing the bike with turnbuckles or ratchet straps using the eyebolts trough the front axle makes for a very secure and easily controlled positioning.
Turnbuckles are so much better, they do not suddenly release as ratchet straps do when the front suspension is compressed to tie the bike down.
Have almost lost a couple bikes due to the sudden release of the ratchet straps, with the turn buckles attached through the axles, Childs play.
Patent Applied for.

Last edited:
I tend to over engineer things now, being retired and doing it for myself I do not have to worry about exceeding a $250,000,000 budget.
I do it for the fun of it, and do it on my time schedule.

Back