So,...anyone aware of die cast model available of the R18 ?

I hope BMW authorizes a toy R18 model.

Already have several of by Harley Vrod, Harley Rocker, Harley Fatboy, Ducati Xdiavel, and mini models of my monkey bikes.

I would hope that BMW authorizes a die cast Toy for the R18.

BMW is very die cast model "friendly" across their entire product lines ( cars and bikes) for toy model companies to produce, and BMW gets a royalty for each made and sold.

I am quite surprise with this Launch of an entire new engine platform and huge costly promotion ( lots of youtube produced professional films) of the R18 platform that BMW would not commission a die cast.

lets hope

I’m trying to add photos, and I’m struggling to do so. Well, I am unable to post photos for some reason. You can obtain the really nice one using p/n 80 43 5A21532

Last edited:
I’m trying to add photos, and I’m struggling to do so. Well, I am unable to post photos for some reason. You can obtain the really nice one using p/n 80 43 5A21532

Did you buy one of the 80 43 5A21532 models ? I ordered mine from the UK, but am waiting for it to be shipped out.

Apparently these are only available out of europe currently, since I do not see any listed here in USA. And all the listings that have these for sale that I found by googling are in Europe with prices in Euros.

It looks to be worth the price due to higher quality and higher detail ( from the photos) vs the cheap ones I posted about above made by Welly.

Franklin mint quality. ( look at the spokes in the wheels, the drive shaft, brake calipers, and also the handlebar switches compared to the cheap Welly version) very detailed.....even the kickstand is metal and spring loaded.

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 2.41.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 2.40.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 2.41.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-06 at 2.41.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-06 at 2.41.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-06 at 2.41.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.04.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.03.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.01.56 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.04.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.04.22 AM.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Did you buy one of the 80 43 5A21532 models ? I ordered mine from the UK, but am waiting for it to be shipped out.

Apparently these are only available out of europe currently, since I do not see any listed here in USA. And all the listings that have these for sale that I found by googling are in Europe with prices in Euros.

It looks to be worth the price due to higher quality and higher detail ( from the photos) vs the cheap ones I posted about above made by Welly.

Franklin mint quality. ( look at the spokes in the wheels, the drive shaft, brake calipers, and also the handlebar switches compared to the cheap Welly version) very detailed.....even the kickstand is metal and spring loaded.

View attachment 8424
View attachment 8425

View attachment 8426View attachment 8427View attachment 8428View attachment 8429

View attachment 8432View attachment 8433View attachment 8434
Yes, That is the one I have. It is really nice, looks like the actual bike!

Yah the expensive BMW motorrad model is $125-$150 dependent where you can find it online. I also bought one but have not received it as of yet. That one will go into my die cast display cabinet nest to my 1/10 Franklin Mint Harley V Rod, Maito Fatboy and Maisto Ducati XDiavel.

But.....At $15 shipped....the Welly model is cheap enough to give away to young nephews to play and not be concerned when they destroy it.

Not bad for $15 !!

In summary, I am so glad that BMW authorized a die cast mini replica. These are so cool to have with all my other collectable motorcycle junk/stuff that I display inside to my garage.

The best pieces I have are the 1/4 scale Fatboy and 1/4 scale V Rod that I hang over the real bikes. These 1/4 scale have working lights and are R/C.

Last edited:
Yah the expensive BMW motorrad model is $125-$150 dependent where you can find it online. I also bought one but have not received it as of yet. That one will go into my die cast display cabinet nest to my 1/10 Franklin Mint Harley V Rod, Maito Fatboy and Maisto Ducati XDiavel.

But.....At $15 shipped....the Welly model is cheap enough to give away to young nephews to play and not be concerned when they destroy it.

Not bad for $15 !!

In summary, I am so glad that BMW authorized a die cast mini replica. These are so cool to have with all my other collectable motorcycle junk/stuff that I display inside to my garage.

The best pieces I have are the 1/4 scale Fatboy and 1/4 scale V Rod that I hang over the real bikes. These 1/4 scale have working lights and are R/C.
I was unaware that any bike model was available on a 1/4 scale. Would love to see a pic.

I think I would be wiling to cough up $100 for a 1/6 scale model of the R18TC. This is a beeeaauutiful machine.

I got my expensive dealer model last week. The BMW model that dealers sell is Very nice. Mostly metal. Handlebars metal, tank metal, fenders NOT metal and are plastic, kickstand metal. Front fork metal and has front working suspension, and rear working suspension. Exhaust mufflers are plastic. Brake rotors are metal. The entire frame is metal including the rear swing arm. They even give you a rear seat pillion if you want to add it and they also additionally give you a second spare set of mirrors and second spare set of turn signals in case they break off with time and handling. The model arrived well cocooned in its nice box. Engine and cylinders are plastic.

Looks like the model is 50/50 mix of metal and plastic parts .

ONLY thin I noticed WEIRD..... the cheap $15 model has the reverse gear lever, the expensive dealer model is missing that switch lever......

but "Franklin Mint" type quality.

Last edited:
Back