Suggestions for additions / Changes to the Forums?

How about combining a dedicated forum for the R18B and the R18TC? Earlier I mentioned something about a forum for R18TC only but this is a better idea and will get more traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has any suggestions on changes, additions to the forums, please place them here for right now.
Suggestions maybe not for the forums but for the new members. Take a little bit of time to search about a Topic that you want to know about. A lot of “issues” that you are dealing with or “questions” that you cloud have, are already solved / answered / discussed in former threads.
That effort of new member could contribute to increase the information of the old threads instead of spread the information trough several “same object threads”.

Suggestions maybe not for the forums but for the new members. Take a little bit of time to search about a Topic that you want to know about. A lot of “issues” that you are dealing with or “questions” that you cloud have, are already solved / answered / discussed in former threads.
That effort of new member could contribute to increase the information of the old threads instead of spread the information trough several “same object threads”.
HALLELUJAH!

An FAQ/ common issues section which can be read by all but can only be amended by admin maybe?

Well, off the top of my head, issues we've discussed include 1) left cylinder smoke 2) fuel pump whine 3) transmission failure 4) slow appearance of accessories 5) no service manual. I would add some recommendations like how about adding engine temperature to the dash? and a fuel gauge? The list goes on and on. It'll likely feel like a pit of complaints, but at least it'll be focused in one place. Also it could serve as a place for prospective buyers to gain insight into whatever issues/problems we're encountering.
Hum…thought (maybe dreamed) the engine temp could be displayed (maybe on the base R18 info section below spedo

Have not checked…in our profile can we say what R18 we own and if stated can it then appear on the Left side when we post so we know what the person rides?
Reading interesting posts, I sometimes find myself wondering which R18 model the poster owns (if it isn't obvious). I think it would be nice if the forum allowed you to indicate your R18 model(s) in the left column below your username. If there's room for a web link, there's gotta be room for our R18 models. :)

You could write this in your signature, but it's better suited in the left column where it's easily spotted, and probably would make more people catch on.

(and personally I think the signature is a distraction and sometimes steals real estate being repeated in each post, so I don't use it)

Back