Top Case Trunk for R18

Last weekend I posted pics and a review of my 2-up Flat Luggage Rack from Holan Products. It was $235 total. Today I installed the Hepco & Becker Orbit 54L Top Case. I ordered it from Ebay merchant chromeburner at 10:40PM Tuesday evening, my time, in Central Illinois. The seller is from The Netherlands. At noon Friday, my time, my wife sent me pics of the top case. 2 1/2 days to pack & ship to Central Illinois from The Netherlands ! It was $208.96 with the shipping and all charges included. The directions say the "universal plastic base adaptor will not work with a tubular rack. The test determined: "That was a lie" (In my best Maury Povich voice). Took less than an hour because I fiddled with various mounting positions and scenarios before I decided on how I wanted to do this. With the luggage rack from R18Holan's company, and this, I have under $500 (including the chrome bushings I bought for my saddlebags to space them out so the lids did not rub on the luggage rack) in a very sturdy luggage rack that I can actually haul and tie heavy things down on, and a 54 liter top case that comes off in 5 seconds. The color of the top case even seems to blend in with the black leather on my factory saddlebags. I'll post several pics below. My apologies on the quality of the pics, my phone seems to suck or I have a setting all messed up. I think I'm going to be very happy with this setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 155
Thank you ! I'm very pleased with it. I came down ill with covid the day after I posted this. I have been very sick for nearly two weeks now, and have not done very well with it. I'm looking forward to being able to use it and test it well.
Hopefully you recover soon!!! All the best!

Thank you ! I'm very pleased with it. I came down ill with covid the day after I posted this. I have been very sick for nearly two weeks now, and have not done very well with it. I'm looking forward to being able to use it and test it well.
I had Covid the whole month of Sept.

We all know Covid is FAKE.
Unless you are sick with it. Then it is very real. I was coughing up blood, and running 103 fever and had non viral covid pnuemonia. It didn't seem very fake to me. I was very ill for naerly two full weeks. still very weak and scarring on my lungs.

Unless you are sick with it. Then it is very real. I was coughing up blood, and running 103 fever and had non viral covid pnuemonia. It didn't seem very fake to me. I was very ill for naerly two full weeks. still very weak and scarring on my lungs.
Sorry Stormy,
It sounds awful I hope you are on the mend. Best of luck with your recover. I lost a very dear friend to complications with covid last November. I still miss him every single day.

I hear they have a vaccine for that. At least that is what they said it was when they gave it to me in Feb, but every sense then my bike has been picking up radio Moscow and it aint got no radio, and my GPS keeps tracking the neighbors dog.

Sorry Stormy,
It sounds awful I hope you are on the mend. Best of luck with your recover. I lost a very dear friend to complications with covid last November. I still miss him every single day.
Sorry for the loss of your friend. I think I'm finally on the mend, but still weak and not back to 100% yet. My Wife just came down sick a few days ago and got her positive test result today. I'm hoping it doesn't hit her as bad as it hit me.

I hear they have a vaccine for that. At least that is what they said it was when they gave it to me in Feb, but every sense then my bike has been picking up radio Moscow and it aint got no radio, and my GPS keeps tracking the neighbors dog.
Except for the fact that by their own admission, the "vaccine" does not stop you from getting covid. Or from carrying it and transmitting it to others. Their only claim is that it "may" lessen the symptoms if/when you contract the illness. . . . . . . . some fine vaccine. It likely is radio Beijing and not Moscow you are picking up. One Commie is as bad as the next in my book. Stay safe, and healthy out there, no matter what you do !

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I think I'm finally on the mend, but still weak and not back to 100% yet. My Wife just came down sick a few days ago and got her positive test result today. I'm hoping it doesn't hit her as bad as it hit me.
My best thoughts and prayers sent out to your wife.

I'll try to get pics in the next day or so. The Hepco Becker top case came with their universal mounting plate that has lots of slotted openings on bottom. The bolts with fitted washers slip in from the top into the mounting straps that grip the luggage rack bars from the bottom. Almost infinite adjustment and possibilities. Very easy to do. One caution-don't overtighten, as the universal base plate can warp a bit if you do.
do you have a link for the case you bought from the Netherlands?

Hope you feel better by now! Could you show how you attached the base plate yo the rack? I'm very interested in ordering the same setup.
I'll try to get pics in the next day or so. The Hepco Becker top case came with their universal mounting plate that has lots of slotted openings on bottom. The bolts with fitted washers slip in from the top into the mounting straps that grip the luggage rack bars from the bottom. Almost infinite adjustment and possibilities. Very easy to do. One caution-don't overtighten, as the universal base plate can warp a bit if you do. Here is a link to the mount that comes with the top case. Look at the pics and you can see how they would mount to the tubes on the luggage rack. I will be taking it back apart in the next week or so to fabricate an adapter plate to move the bag rearward by about 3 inches further. I need the additional room to accommodate the passenger backrest that came with the Corbin seat that finally made it here. My wife prefers that backrest to the backrest pad for the top case. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2745822028...MIkbbsgfXm8wIV6iGtBh1dbA1XEAQYAyABEgJXsPD_BwE

thanks.
Do you perhaps have a detailed / bigger picture of the mounting plate on the Holan carrier? Top and bottom view please
The best pic I have of the luggage rack I currently have is in the initial post in this thread, above. I will provide better pics when I re-do the mount to move it 3" to the rear as mentioned in another response.

Hi Stormy,
I installed my own top box on the Holan luggage rack... I went for the Givi Trekker TRK52, this combined with the Civi mounting plate... does look nice, without the glitter and glamour... it holds 2 modular helmets and space to spare.... also has plenty of optional components to choose from

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_120556.jpg
    IMG_20211028_120556.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20211028_120618.jpg
    IMG_20211028_120618.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Back