Transmission Fill Plug and Drain Plug Crush Washers and Torque Value

Calboy

My dealership told me there are no crush washers for the tranny drain and fill plugs but the video on Youtube shows the crush washers.
Do you guys have the part number(s) for the crush washers and maybe the torque value(s) for those two bolts?

OIL FILTER: Part# 11427673541 Torque: 11nm (or hand tighten until seated, then an additional 1/2 to 3/4 turn)

OIL DRAIN PLUG: Crush Washer Part# 07119963252 Torque: 28nm

REAR DRIVE: Refill with 210ml (210ml is what I've found so far but...look for any leaks before draining, and measure what you drain). Fill Plug Crush Washer Part# 07119963132 Torque: 20nm, Drain Plug O-Ring Part# 33117695219 Torque 20nm

What’s the “center stand tool” you had installed?
It is a BMW BS charge.
The tool can be purchased but stupid expensive.It is a bollet bar that is installed to lift the rear of the motorcycle then taken off.The service manager said it was a autherized BMW charge and needs to be used to service the R18s.
I don't think it will be needed now that I have a sidecar installed.
To decrease controversy I deleted the copy of the bill .

OIL FILTER: Part# 11427673541 Torque: 11nm (or hand tighten until seated, then an additional 1/2 to 3/4 turn)

OIL DRAIN PLUG: Crush Washer Part# 07119963252 Torque: 28nm

REAR DRIVE: Refill with 210ml (210ml is what I've found so far but...look for any leaks before draining, and measure what you drain). Fill Plug Crush Washer Part# 07119963132 Torque: 20nm, Drain Plug O-Ring Part# 33117695219 Torque
Thanks for the response but the question was about the transmission fill and drain plugs, not the crankcase or final drive. My local BMW dealership told me/showed me the two plugs not having crush washers at all.
I am puzzled because the R18 maintenance videos on Youtube clearly show that the tranny fill and drain plugs do have crush washers.
Do you know anything about that?

Went to the dealership and spent about 25 minutes there. Talked to someone in service, he looked at the transmission parts fiche, found the drain and fill plugs but no crush washers!
That's impossible, I said. After about 10 minutes more the guy comes back with a printed version that showed crush washers for both plugs, but check this one out, there is no part number for those washers!
I was told they gonna do some digging with BMW Motorrad and get back to me with the part number. It's not the dealership but BMW itself. A big mess around the R18 from accessories to apparel, from parts to the shop manual.
Hopefully they'll straighten this crap out this year.

R18 uses all the same gaskets as an air/oil cooled r1200 series.
1x252 gasket: engine oil drain bolt
1x200 gasket: trans drain bolt
1x300 gasket: trans fill bolt
1x219 o-ring: final drive drain bolt
1x132 gasket: final drive fill bolt

I know, I completed the first service along with changing gearbox oil. Wasn’t required but did it anyway. Gearbox calls for 1150ml +/-50ml.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 57

I know, I completed the first service along with changing gearbox oil. Wasn’t required but did it anyway. Gearbox calls for 1150ml +/-50ml.
Good Job MotoRey.Thats what the site is about!

Very Helpful.Funny,I have gotten more valuable information on the forum than from the dealer.

TK

Thank you sir!

My dealership told me there are no crush washers for the tranny drain and fill plugs but the video on Youtube shows the crush washers.
Do you guys have the part number(s) for the crush washers and maybe the torque value(s) for those two bolts?
Hey mate,

I'm trying to find the same thing. I believe it's BMW's way to make you purchase two new plugs which is overkill. Once I find something suitable I'll post on here.

Back