Vintage Copper Tank Emblems

R2K

Site Supporter
Elite Member
I am looking to purchase a set of the tank emblems that was in the First Edition welcome box. Anyone have a set they will part with?2A6C50CC-D9CA-4B05-B06C-8942997BCAD4.jpeg

I'm also looking to purchase a set of the copper rondels. I've like them on the tank and have just completed restoring a pair of Wixom hard bags for the R18 FE and would like to match everything

5 watchers LOL!
I did wonder if the seller was on this forum.
I don't know if he is, but you can also grab a belt or a hat from him for peanuts!

75203B94-F2BB-4721-87D3-D7C410A4AC66.jpeg0FE42EE2-3F62-4A37-AE77-95329EC3DB19.jpegIn my country the first edition r18 cost around $38,151.92 , anybody wants to buy my first edition box for $3000? 😂 the cap is well worn though and i've already installed the two roundels on my bike.

It makes me a bit uneasy. The asking price is ridiculous. But even a hint that some actual money can be made and we'll all need to keep an eye on our emblems. And worse, if they do walk off, replacement is pert near impossible.

I put red Loctite on the copper mounting screws of my copper roundels. The flat screw heads would strip off before the you could get the screws out. If I did need to remove them, heating up the screw heads with the tip of a soldering iron would soften the Loctite up enough to remove the screws.

Last edited:
well, if you look at my profile pic... sorry mine are not available. Funny story; the BMW truck demo guys didnt know they existed and were really knocked out by them on my bike :) It honestly does make the bike and when I look at the extra money I paid to have a first edition R18 I look at those badges and say "worth it." :). Also, when you get yours... the first thing a friend noticed is I did not have the screws uniformly horizontal. For the best look, make sure you do that. Anyway, they look perfect on the bike.

well, if you look at my profile pic... sorry mine are not available. Funny story; the BMW truck demo guys didnt know they existed and were really knocked out by them on my bike :) It honestly does make the bike and when I look at the extra money I paid to have a first edition R18 I look at those badges and say "worth it." :). Also, when you get yours... the first thing a friend noticed is I did not have the screws uniformly horizontal. For the best look, make sure you do that. Anyway, they look perfect on the bike.
Pinstriped_R18_2.jpg

Back