WalzWerks Bobber Kit, finally

TodkaVonic

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Hey everyone,

About 4 months after ordering and a solid 31 days since it shipped from Germany, my WalzWerks bobber kit finally arrived today. Everything was packaged really well. I began installation and will continue this week.

Issues I encountered are 1) threading the wires down the fender supports was pert near impossible. I passed two of the four wires down then maneuvered a thin bare wire to pull the remaining two wires through. The second support went much easier than the first, so I suspect there was a machining irregularity with number one. 2) the key fob detector mount holes weren't perfect. Off a half a mm here and a half a mm there. A 5mm tap was helpful just at the plastic key detector, not for rethreading the metal mount. 3) the instructions are surprisingly poor. Whole steps are overlooked and others are incorrect (signal attachment to the fender details, for example).

Here she is midway
627E0E5B-FC16-42DC-9524-9CB7C9BDEFD5.jpeg
1D5440F3-4D91-450B-B460-83FBBCF08BCD.jpeg
4BCA5166-5558-40BE-9484-B30DE664BE40.jpeg

The paint and pinstripes are perfect. But that's pretty much expected considering the price.
6C71BE3F-C7A1-4315-B400-FD0BF5AFB0E8.jpeg
84C7CC6E-B706-47DA-ACAB-C26C291E023D.jpeg

I'll keep at it. Several steps left including figuring out a way to mount the license plate.

Last edited:
Hey Oceanbreeze,

Having just taken my rear wheel off for the first time, it's not a problem. 12mm Allen wrench bit for the axle and appropriately sized torx socket for the bolts holding the rear brake in place. Add to that a 3/8th inch ratchet (for both bits) and a way to lift the bike and you have everything you need to remove the rear tire. I may start carrying those items just in case.

My Bobber kit fit absolute perfect the first time, zero modifications necessary from original fabrication.
Robin Roos did a prefect job on the paint.
Took a total of 22 days to fabricate including paint.
Have over 2,000 miles on it including a trip to my daughters the both ways thru Deals Gap, my old stomping grounds in 70s and 80s.
Seat perfect for multiple consecutive 500 mile days, with a Camelback.
Total cost including Corbin seat and paint $989
I have the same floor jack.

Complete2.JPG

Coming along nicely. What are your first impressions of seat/riding position comfort or is it too soon to say?
It’s low. Comfort-wise can’t say yet. The seat is more padded than it looks. She’s not for touring, brothers!

/and sisters
//sister?

Last edited:
My Bobber kit fit absolute perfect the first time, zero modifications necessary from original fabrication.
Robin Roos did a prefect job on the paint.
Took a total of 22 days to fabricate including paint.
Have over 2,000 miles on it including a trip to my daughters the both ways thru Deals Gap, my old stomping grounds in 70s and 80s.
Seat perfect for multiple consecutive 500 mile days, with a Camelback.
Total cost including Corbin seat and paint $989
I have the same floor jack.

View attachment 3785
Not saying the Corbin seat isn’t comfortable, but I am saying it looks like shit in the bobber configuration. Completely destroys the bobber look!

Now now, different strokes, eye of the beholder, etc.

Anyhow, License plate installation option. I jacked up the frame until the rear wheel was off the ground to confirm that the muffler and plate didn't collide.There's about a quarter inch. I would've preferred it oriented vertically but it's just too close.

710C6C40-A5A7-49B3-B85E-C66FB020AB16.jpeg

Hey everyone,

About 4 months after ordering and a solid 31 days since it shipped from Germany, my WalzWerks bobber kit finally arrived today. Everything was packaged really well. I began installation and will continue this week.

Issues I encountered are 1) threading the wires down the fender supports was pert near impossible. I passed two of the four wires down then maneuvered a thin bare wire to pull the remaining two wires through. The second support went much easier than the first, so I suspect there was a machining irregularity with number one. 2) the key fob detector mount holes weren't perfect. Off a half a mm here and a half a mm there. A 5mm tap was helpful just at the plastic key detector, not for rethreading the metal mount. 3) the instructions are surprisingly poor. Whole steps are overlooked and others are incorrect (signal attachment to the fender details, for example).

Here she is midway
View attachment 3774
View attachment 3775
View attachment 3776

The paint and pinstripes are perfect. But that's pretty much expected considering the price.
View attachment 3777
View attachment 3778

I'll keep at it. Several steps left including figuring out a way to mount the license plate.
Am I correct in thinking you lifted the whole bike with two floor jacks?

Well, everything is installed and pretty much buttoned-down. Here she is:

605E6C1C-B69D-4C40-B6D6-FFDDF3AB1E14.jpeg
C3AE23C4-AAA8-4DF6-9116-BE600E534FC6.jpeg
7B6296D4-5CCD-42A3-9A3F-DDA3E7D58D59.jpeg
7086AD82-C5EE-4726-971B-22A9A41D635A.jpeg
AD4BCDE6-8B1E-4837-8993-76D3342EBDE7.jpeg

Pending issues are: 1) electrical error message on dash. We'll get that sorted somehow. 2) Need a bobber-friendly mirror plan. I have a pair of Motogadget m.view mirrors I could use. Still working on it. 3) the tool box needs painting and, as luck would have it, my painter is under house arrest. I didn't ask and I don't want to know. We're on standby for paint.

/sorry about the crap photos, it's been kinda chilly lately🥶

Last edited:
Hows she ride?

LOL! JUST KIDDING:) LOOKIN GOOD!

We are waiting for you in Arizona but the weather is cool 60s...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows she ride?

LOL! JUST KIDDING:)

We are waiting for you in Arizona but the weather is cool 60s...
I lived in the Phoenix suburbs for a solid 4 years. Mrs TodkaVonic LOVED it. I just never acclimated. So pleasant all winter but, for me, unbearable in the summer. 60s sounds pretty sweet right now though...

I lived in the Phoenix suburbs for a solid 4 years. Mrs TodkaVonic LOVED it. I just never acclimated. So pleasant all winter but, for me, unbearable in the summer. 60s sounds pretty sweet right now though...
I live half way between Tucson & Phoenix in Casa Grande.
Yeah,it is hot here in the summer but that is trip time for me to visit the frozen folks thawing out from the winter.;)

Looks really good. Although I removed my stock cans, I think the fishtails look really good with that walzwerk bobber kit. Really makes the rear end look slammed low and fat. I much prefer the appearance of your seat (very close to the concept bike) but I ordered (ETA next month) the Wunderlich seat because the position may be a bit more ergonomic for me (but we’ll have to wait until it arrives to confirm my theory).

Last edited:
Looks really good. Although I removed my stock cans, I think the fishtails look really good with that walzwerk bobber kit. Really makes the rear end look slammed low and fat. I much prefer the appearance of your seat (very close to the concept bike) but I ordered (ETA next month) the Wunderlich seat because the position may be a bit more ergonomic for me (but we’ll have to wait until it arrives to confirm my theory).
I haven't ridden with the saddle yet (obviously, I mean jeez, the snow is knee high) but, sitting on it at least, it's not as awkward as it looks. I think part of that is that we're already kinda low with the stock setup so having it a bit lower isn't much of a stretch. You go from thighs parallel to the ground to directed slightly upwards. The issue I'm forseeing is the shifter and rear brake lever position, which, I think, will need adjusting. But regardless, the Wunderlich kit will be really well-made, ergonomic, and comfortable. You can't go wrong with their stuff.

Back