What's the jacket of choice for your R18?

TodkaVonic

Site Supporter
Elite Member
A few months ago I stumbled onto an amazing jacket from Japan made by an outfit called The Flat Head. Beautiful, beautiful hand-made horsehide black leather jacket. I paid about 15% of retail and have been smiling ever since. It's literally the nicest jacket I can conjure up in my minds-eye and then there it is! I'm gonna put that on, ahhhhhh. The point of this thread isn't to brag about my find, no, it's to stress that I hadn't even KNOWN about it prior to finding it online and then doing some research. There's others out there I'm sure.

So, R18 owners...we have folks here from around the globe: France, Thailand, California, South Africa, Poland, Pennsylvania, etc. What are you wearing? What niché leather boutique can you shine a light on and maybe inspire someone else to make an investment? Or if jackets is too narrow a topic, what gloves or pants or boots are you wearing? Any specific do's or don'ts?

Here's the jacket

2EA1DC0D-DDE4-441C-9137-BDCC47366EB9.jpeg

it smells so good. holy freakin' shit.

Last edited:
I just wear the same old Aerostitch 2 piece that I have been wearing for 20 years, 350,000 plus miles, 14 Bun Burner Golds, four 3,000 mile is 3 days, three 5,000 miles in 5 days, two CC 50s, 3 Harleys, 2 Ducatis, a Honda, a Triumph, 3 BMWs, worn on three different continents, 8 different countries and still going strong. Lava HotSprings, Idaho, Pedra Azul, Brasil.
Worn in Rain, Snow, Sleat, Alaska cold, Mexico Desert heat, City traffic and Montana open highway. Sitting drinking beer and 145 mph across Wyoming, splitting lanes like a lunatic Goucho in Rio de Janeiro.
Tride a few different, never found one better for actual riding.
Not into the primping at the local Harley dealer on Sunny Saturdays.
That Harley in the picture has a useful fuel load of 16 gallons, range of over 450 miles non stop.
And over 250,000 miles.

IMG_1360 copy.jpgIMG_2167.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a variety of Tour Master & Joe Rocket coats & jackets. And I have a couple of very nice Indian branded jackets that always result in funny comments when I stop in at the BMW store. So far I have no clothing with BMW shown on it. And, truth to tell, I don't consider any particular piece a favorite. I just wear what's appropriate for the day.
I would like to get some sort of BMW branded jacket. Maybe with the R18 on it too. Hmmmm... I'll have to do some shopping.

I've got a variety of Tour Master & Joe Rocket coats & jackets. And I have a couple of very nice Indian branded jackets that always result in funny comments when I stop in at the BMW store. So far I have no clothing with BMW shown on it. And, truth to tell, I don't consider any particular piece a favorite. I just wear what's appropriate for the day.
I would like to get some sort of BMW branded jacket. Maybe with the R18 on it too. Hmmmm... I'll have to do some shopping.
Owned a Triumph Bonneville, for 50 years, never had a Triumph jacket.
I had a Corvette for 20 years, never had a Corvette Jacket.
I drive a KIA with 300,000+ miles and still do not have a KIA jacket, what am I missing?
I have ridden over 500,000 miles, NEVER GOT A JACKET,

I drive a KIA with 300,000+ miles and still do not have a KIA jacket, what am I missing?
I thought the Kia came free when you buy the jacket?

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

A few years ago I bought a surplus German Police Leather Motorcycle Jacket; it is fitted below the waist; and has a quite warm removable liner. I also have my black leather flight jacket that was an issue item when I was with CBP. I think I paid less then $150 for the motorcycle jacket; and the government paid for the flight jacket. My German Jacket was new and unissued in a clear sealed plastic bag. There weren't any patches sewn on the jacket545025.jpg

Why do you need a jacket in your car when it doesn't rain on you

Mine I ordered SPIDI Rock Leather Jacket, for R18.
And this one also Original enduro from Spidi, for summer ride.
But beware on SPIDI Size you need to plus 1 or 2 size.

Attachments

• p180-026-1.png
    p180-026-1.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 32
  • originals_enduro_t257_0264.png
    originals_enduro_t257_0264.png
    3 MB · Views: 33
Back