Wind deflector removal on R18TC

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

During the summer months the lower wind deflectors on the TC aren't really necessary. There is a bolt at the bottom that is easy to remove but the plastic must separate somehow near the top to reveal the upper fastener. Has anyone removed these? I don't want to break the plastic by over prying.

I recently attempted and changed my mind/chickened out. After removing both lower bolts I just felt that I would do damage, leave indent marks or the seams may not be as tight when reinstalled. If I can locate a diagram I may try again. Knowing the "snap" points may limit risk of damage.

I have looked but can’t find the parts Fisch for the R18TC. MaxBMW was once my source.

I went through this last night as I want to add the foot rests to the engine guard. The first one took a while, but once I learned the trick the second one took five minutes total.

Just remove the bolt at the bottom and carefully move the guard back and forth a bit to loosen it. Then Run your hand up the flared piece to the top and pull away from the other piece at the top corner. See the photo for the place to pull.
CC767836-301E-4B8A-BE0F-F77E69A4A760.jpeg

Attached are pictures from when I added the lower leg wind protection to my Model B:

You'll want to pull the tabs away, starting from the Top of Part 3; which is the leading edge of the lower wind protection assembly, the bottom of Part 3 has a tab which drops into Part 2 (Center Piece). You'll basically lift it out, once you have unsnapped all of the retention clips.

I hope this helps...

Screenshot_20230807-065039.pngScreenshot_20230807-064947.pngScreenshot_20230807-064930.png

Last edited:
Back